Books examines one man’s life through humor and insight
“Being an isolationist – moving to the end of a dead-end dirt road on a lake – I thought this would be the perfect place for peace and quiet,” says Burton. “I felt that writing some experiences as memoirs would be interesting to readers and depict the absurdities that life offers.”
“From a Window or Two” recounts unforgettable, hilarious and moving stories throughout Burton’s life, including the women he’s loved, living with pre-teens, and – mysteriously – body parts of Alaskan wildlife. The book, simple and true, provides readers with chuckles and nuggets of wisdom as Burton recalls his most memorable moments.
These moments, while specific to Burton’s life, are universal in their themes. From happy times with children, to depressing times. The stories are not presented in a chronological order, but rather are meant to be read as the reader’s mood allows – and re-read as inspiration is desired.
ISBN Number: 9781438930831
Retail Price $13.50
About the Author
Alan Burton was born in Great Britain and moved to the United States in 1968. He is a published freelance journalist and columnist. His poetry and illustrations are also among his published work. His writing style is concise, simple and humorous, leaving room for interpretation. He currently resides on the East Coast.
Other press releases from AuthorHouse
- ‘Dingle, The Helpful Ice Cream Cone Delivery Dog’: New Children’s Book Celebrates Helpful Attitude, Determination - July 15th, 2010
- Murder, Intrigue and Humor Combine in New Novel - July 15th, 2010
- Real Dracula Was A Savior to Many - July 14th, 2010
- When a Pet Harms an Infant: The Other Side of a Tragic Story - July 13th, 2010
- ‘The Story of Me’: The True Story of Prevailing Over Despair for a Second Chance at Happiness - July 13th, 2010
Contact InformationElizabeth Friedland
1663 Liberty Drive, Suite 200
Bloomington, IN 47403
Alt. Phone: 317.926.1727