“I kept my poetry and stories hidden away for many years because I felt no one could ever relate,” says Leigh. “Now I see that we all have our own brand of dark crazy hidden away.”
Eighteen poems preface three short stories in “Tales of the Eventide and Other Dark Matter.” In the first story, “In the Dark,” a young woman must battle a psychotic killer in order to protect her loved ones. The lines between truth and fiction are blurred in “Last Night on Earth,” a chilling story based on an account of many strange and unexplained events that occurred to Leigh one summer night. The anchor story for this compilation, “The Other Side of Twilight,” is set in a post-World War III America. In this story, two recently-widowed women are abducted and placed into a top-secret government facility. Here, the women learn a disturbing secret and forge a forbidden alliance in desperate hopes of staying together and alive. In all of the stories, characters persevere in seemingly impossible situations. Leigh writes:
“We were chained to the inside wall and were told to be quiet. The driver started down the road before I even had a chance to grasp what was going on. . .I soon realized that even though it was a nightmare, it was definitely a reality.”
“Tales of the Eventide and Other Dark Matter” is a raw look at anger, sorrow and vulnerability and how to channel these darker emotions positively.
About the Author:
Andrea Leigh lives in Columbus, Ohio, with her husband and two boys. Leigh’s poetry has been selected and published twice by The International Library of Poetry. Leigh hopes that her book will inspire others to embrace their “own brand of dark crazy hidden away.” She is currently working on her first full-length novel, due out next summer. Visit her at http://www.AndreaLeighsDarkMatter.com.
“Tales of Eventide and Other Dark Matter”
ISBN: 9781438954851 – 6 x 9 – Paperback – 132 pages – $11.75
Other press releases from Promotional Services Department
- ‘Dingle, The Helpful Ice Cream Cone Delivery Dog’: New Children’s Book Celebrates Helpful Attitude, Determination - July 15th, 2010
- Murder, Intrigue and Humor Combine in New Novel - July 15th, 2010
- Risking It All for Love: New Fiction Takes Readers on a Thrill Ride as a Young Man in Love Goes Off His Meds - July 8th, 2010
- ‘The Black and White Race Rationale’: Author Tackles Tough Questions About Conflict Between Long-Divided Races - July 8th, 2010
- ‘We Are All In the Same Boat’: Author Stresses Importance of Preservation of Culture for Immigrants - July 7th, 2010
Contact InformationPromotional Services Department
Phone: 1-888-728-8467 ext. 5507