By Tech Analyst Jeff Kagan
Comment on Google Acquiring Motorola
Wireless is now all about Apple vs. Google. The two non wireless companies who are now leading the wireless space. Who would have imagined this five years ago?
This is the reason Motorola split itself into two companies. They new Google wanted to get into the wireless phone business.
If you recall, Google entered the wireless phone business in two ways several years ago. One with their software called Android that appears on multiple manufacturers, and two with their own handset. Android was a success, but the handset was not.
Google spent the last few years building their market share on the Android side. Now they are obviously going to attempt the same thing on the handset side.
This is a real shot at Apple who has their own software and iPhone.
What is next in the industry? Will others merge? What about companies like Samsung and HTC? Will Nokia merge with Microsoft?
We may see Apple buy Twitter or some other social network since they are no in the social media yet.
Growth and change in this industry is just getting started.
Who will the winners and losers be? We’ll have to keep our eyes open.
Congratulations to Motorola. They got just what they wanted from their break up last year.
Congratulations to Google. They are preparing for another growth wave with handsets.
* * * * * * * * * * * * *
These comments may be quoted in news stories.
Please attribute to Jeff Kagan, Tech Analyst with www.jeffKAGAN.com
If you would like to discuss, call me at 770-579-5810 or send an email to jeff@JeffKAGAN.com
To be added or removed from this mailing list for comment, please send me an email.
* * * * * * * * * * * * *
Jeff KAGAN| TECH ANALYST | www.jeffKAGAN.com
Wireless, Telecom, HealthTech, CableTV & IPTV, Technology
Phone 770-579-5810 Email jeff@jeffKAGAN.com
– Analysis and opinion on the changing industry
- Columnist, Author, Consultant, Speaker
Other press releases from Jeff Kagan
- Apple iPhone Sales Weaker Than Expected | Jeff Kagan Industry Analyst - January 14th, 2013
- Will FACEBOOK Launch Phone This Week? | Jeff Kagan Industry Analyst - January 13th, 2013
- Nokia Not Out of Woods Yet | Jeff Kagan Wireless Analyst - January 10th, 2013
- Why Microsoft Windows 8 Holiday Sales Were Soft, Jeff Kagan Tech Analyst - January 5th, 2013
- Sprint Nextel Acquiring Clearwire for Wireless Data | Jeff Kagan Industry Analyst - December 17th, 2012
Contact InformationJeff Kagan
Title: Tech Analyst
PO Box 670562
Marietta, GA 30066
Phone: 770 579 5810