By Tech Analyst Jeff Kagan at www.jeffkagan.comAtlanta, GA, July 26, 2011 — RadioShack just switched their wireless partner to Verizon Wireless from T-Mobile. This is potentially big news if RadioShack can transform itself in the process.
This, by itself will not transform RadioShack. However this as part of a larger transformation could be great news for the company.
What does it mean for RadioShack? This will allow them to be in the top tier of the wireless space selling both post paid and pre paid services. This is potentially big for the company.
What does it mean for Verizon Wireless? This is potentially another big channel for the wireless network. If RadioShack does this right it could be big news for both companies.
Wireless retailing is changing. Today it is the experience that matters. Today you have to WOW the customer. Today you have to take care of the customer. Today you have to make the customer feel comfortable and overwhelmed all at the same time.
Wireless retailing is becoming one of the hot spots in the retail space today.
RadioShack is an old brand. How will they change after this wireless swap is the big question. If they don’t change then don’t expect big results. However RadioShack could transform themselves in the mind of the market and get into the consumers mind.
Will they do it is the question. We will be watching.
* * * * * * * * * * * * *
These comments may be quoted in news stories.
Please attribute to Jeff Kagan, Tech Analyst with www.jeffKAGAN.com
If you would like to discuss, call me at 770-579-5810 or send an email to jeff@JeffKAGAN.com
To be added or removed from this mailing list for comment, please send me an email.
* * * * * * * * * * * * *
Jeff KAGAN| TECH ANALYST | www.jeffKAGAN.com
Wireless, Telecom, HealthTech, CableTV & IPTV, Technology
Phone 770-579-5810 Email jeff@jeffKAGAN.com
- Analysis and opinion on the changing industry
- Columnist, Author, Consultant, Speaker
Other press releases from Jeff Kagan
- Apple iPhone Sales Weaker Than Expected | Jeff Kagan Industry Analyst - January 14th, 2013
- Will FACEBOOK Launch Phone This Week? | Jeff Kagan Industry Analyst - January 13th, 2013
- Nokia Not Out of Woods Yet | Jeff Kagan Wireless Analyst - January 10th, 2013
- Why Microsoft Windows 8 Holiday Sales Were Soft, Jeff Kagan Tech Analyst - January 5th, 2013
- Sprint Nextel Acquiring Clearwire for Wireless Data | Jeff Kagan Industry Analyst - December 17th, 2012
Contact InformationJeff Kagan
Title: Tech Analyst
PO Box 670562
Marietta, GA 30066
Phone: 770 579 5810