Technological advances are helping reduce the amount of lead in plumbing and many states have begun to set their own lower lead content standards. California Assembly Bill 1953 calls for a dramatic reduction in lead content in plumbing products intended to dispense or convey water for human consumption through drinking or cooking. The new California law defines “lead free” to mean not more than a weighted average of 0.25% on the wetted surfaces of plumbing fixtures, valves, fittings and pipes. Vermont has since adopted a similar standard.
Per the California Department of Toxic Substances Control, lead can be harmful to humans. Lead from plumbing products may be leaching into drinking water. The amount of lead in drinking water depends on a number of factors, such as how much lead is in the plumbing parts, how large an area of a lead-containing part comes in contact with the water, how long the water is in contact with the lead-containing surface, and how corrosive the water is. Exposure to lead can cause serious adverse health effects, including delays in physical and mental development.
“Eemax believes in protecting our customers and the environment,” stated Kevin Ruppelt, President and CEO. “That’s why we are proactively invested in obtaining lead-free certification.”
Remember Earth Day is April 22. Details on the latest lead-free laws can be found at http://www.weareleadfree.net/VT or http://www.dtsc.ca.gov/PollutionPrevention/LeadInPlumbing.cfm.
Established in 1988, Oxford, Connecticut-based Eemax, Inc. has quickly emerged as the market leader in electric tankless heaters for use in commercial, industrial, and residential applications. Eemax products activate instantly and deliver an endless supply of hot water at a preset temperature to any point of use with 99% energy efficiency. Eemax products are made in the USA, are lead-free and ruggedly constructed to last for decades. The company produces green products that save water, conserve energy, and reduce costs. Visit http://www.eemax.com for detailed product information.
Other press releases from Eemax Inc.
- Eemax Introduces High-Capacity 600v Delta Units for Emergency Eye/Face and Drench Shower Applications - March 8th, 2012
- Eemax, Inc. Plans Expansion Within Connecticut - March 6th, 2012
- Eemax, Inc. Launches ‘BIM’ Product Models — Specifying Electric Tankless Water Heaters Has Never Been Easier or More Accurate - December 15th, 2011
- Eemax, Inc. Introduces the Only 1-Gallon Electric Mini Tank Water Heater … Storing and Delivering Maximum Performance in Minimal Space - November 16th, 2011
- Eemax, Inc. Announces New Sales Leadership Roles – Positions for Growth - August 23rd, 2011
Contact InformationKevin Dokla, Marketing Manager
Phone: (203) 586-7442