Gross national happiness (GNH) was coined in 1972 by then Bhutan’s King Jigme Singye Wangchuck. GNH is based on the premise that some forms of development are not measurable in monetary terms (a concept that is advanced by the nascent field of ecological economics) while conventional development models stress economic growth as the ultimate objective.VANCOUVER, Canada, July 30, 2010 — Gross national happiness (GNH) is one of the happiness index reviewed by free eBook Authentic Happiness Formula. GNH was coined in 1972 by then Bhutan’s King Jigme Singye Wangchuck. Gross national happiness (GNH) is based on the premise that some forms of development are not measurable in monetary terms (a concept that is advanced by the nascent field of ecological economics) while conventional development models stress economic growth as the ultimate objective.
Gross national happiness (GNH) is a valid index to assess subjective well-being. The eBook also reviews AmAre Way (http://www.amareway.org/), a formula to measure happiness, and a way of living joyfully. AmAre is an acronym which stands for: Aware (being), Meditating, Active (being), Respectful (being), Eating properly. AmAre is an Italian word which means “to love”, and in English it sounds like interconnectedness: (I) Am (we) Are.
- being happy is a choice we make right here and now, by living joyfully. It is not a place to reach in the future.
- there are ways to measure subjective well-being and thinking about what such formulas mean for us, is even more important than the numbers we get out of them.
- we get happier by making other people happier
- there are several “fringe” benefits to living joyfully, for example happier people are more sociable and energetic, more caring and cooperative, better liked by others, more likely to get married and stay married, to have wider social networks and receive support from friends, show more flexibility and creativity in their thinking, are more productive and work, are recognized as better leaders and negotiators, and so earn accordingly. They are more tenacious when times are not pleasant, have stronger immune systems, are healthier both physically and mentally, and live longer.
http://www.amareway.org/ is a non-profit website devoted to living joyfully. AmAre is an Italian verb which stands for “To Love”. It also summarizes what AmAre bloggers experienced as a way to be happy: Aware (Being), Meditating, Active (Being), Respectful (Being), Eating (properly). AmAre also shows we are united in an interconnected universe: there is no (I) Am without (We) are. This is an accessible concept to understand, which has positive effects for a lifetime.
Other press releases from AmAre Way c/o Institute of Subjective Well-Being
- Authentic Happiness Formula: A course in happiness & meaning - November 23rd, 2010
- New Year’s resolution 2011: a photographic essay of New Year’s resolution - November 23rd, 2010
- Zen: Bibliography and Webiography - November 22nd, 2010
- Why Animals Are Biologically Conscious - November 22nd, 2010
- Making Australia Happy: Making Australia Happy ABC reality show - November 22nd, 2010
Contact InformationFrank Ra
AmAre Way c/o Institute of Subjective Well-Being
Vancouver, British Columbia Vancouver
Phone: +1 206 792 9887