Jeff Kagan says, “This could be the biggest marketing battle since MCI against AT&T, or even bigger. The volume will be turned way up on this one.”
According to Kagan, “the enemy of my enemy is my friend” is the best way to describe this deal of a partnership between Microsoft and Yahoo! against Google.
Kagan says, “The ’search’ part of the Internet seems to reinvent itself every few years. The last major shift was the birth of Google several years ago. The big question is will this deal be the beginning of the next reinvention, or will it not make an impact?”
Jeff Kagan is an Internet analyst, wireless analyst and telecom analyst and has been following the industry for over 20 years. He is based in the Atlanta, GA area. Kagan is a frequent speaker at company meetings and conferences, talking about the changing industry in telephone, wireless, television and Internet. He talks about What’s Hot, What’s Not, and What’s Next.
Other press releases from Jeff Kagan
- Apple iPhone Sales Weaker Than Expected | Jeff Kagan Industry Analyst - January 14th, 2013
- Will FACEBOOK Launch Phone This Week? | Jeff Kagan Industry Analyst - January 13th, 2013
- Nokia Not Out of Woods Yet | Jeff Kagan Wireless Analyst - January 10th, 2013
- Why Microsoft Windows 8 Holiday Sales Were Soft, Jeff Kagan Tech Analyst - January 5th, 2013
- Sprint Nextel Acquiring Clearwire for Wireless Data | Jeff Kagan Industry Analyst - December 17th, 2012
Contact InformationJeff Kagan
Title: Wireless, Telecom and Internet Analyst