“Seasons of Salt “is a book of meditations that gently guides its readers in reflection and self-discovery. Each meditation begins with a Scripture reading, then relates life experience to the Biblical message and ends with a prayer. Through Horlacher’s personal experiences, the reader is able to look deeper into his or her daily life. The author’s meditations, which she likes to call “salty,” include experiences of deep grief and pain as well as times of joy and laughter. The underlying message is that God was and always is present.
“Travel with me through our common experiences of family, food, and childhood memories, as well as through our shared identity as children of God and the calendar of the Christian year. Just as a small amount of salt sprinkled into soup can spread throughout the pot, our grains of salt can too spread the message of Christ to those around us.”
“Seasons of Salt” is a meditational guide that can be used for one’s private devotional times or for group devotions. It offers an inspiring and life-changing outlook for all those whose lives it touches.
Trade paperback, soft cover 96
Approximately 260 pages
$19.95 retail price
About the Author
Millie Hundley Horlacher was born and raised on her family’s farm near Horton, KS. She attended Kansas State College. Today, Horlacher is a certified lay speaker in the United Methodist Church and has served as Spiritual Growth Coordinator for United Methodist Women. She lives in Colby, KS with her husband. They are the proud parents of three living children and five grandchildren.
iUniverse is the premier book publisher for emerging, self-published authors. For more information, please visit http://www.iuniverse.com.
Other press releases from iUniverse
- Investigating the Truth of God and the Reality of Humanity - July 14th, 2010
- Stop Losing Money to Inflation, Start Making it Work for You!: New Nonfiction Shares Details of Lucrative I-Commerce Business Plan - July 14th, 2010
- Finding Love: A Journey of Self-Discovery in WWII - July 13th, 2010
- ‘Climates of the Mind’: A Bipolar Memory Including the Therapy Journals - July 12th, 2010
- Diamond Heists, Romance and Intrigue in the Sunshine State - July 12th, 2010
Contact InformationRyne Meadors