Atlanta, GA, June 2, 2011 — In my WHAT’S NEXT I want to tell you about the IBM supercomputer Watson improving healthcare.
You remember the IBM Watson don’t you? It became a hot TV star winning “Jeopardy.”
Today IBM is using this supercomputer to improve healthcare.
Doctors will use Watson to search databanks, diagnose illnesses and prescribe the best treatment and medicine for you — even with all your existing conditions that make your treatment different and often more difficult than that of your neighbor.
Today doctors say they spend several hours every month just trying to keep up-to-date. Watson can reduce or even eliminate that need.
Remember when we used to type a page on a typewriter? Or take hours or even days researching something? Now that takes seconds using computers and search engines?
That is the extraordinary new world Watson want’s to lead in.
IBM’s Watson is already digesting medical textbooks, news and information. This is such a big challenge and takes quite a bit of time for doctors to stay up to date. This is what the computer was made for.
Healthcare and Watson sound wonderful together, don’t they?
Visit my WHAT’S NEW site and read more about this and other interesting news and breakthroughs. http://www.jeffkagan.com/Whats_Next.htm
Other press releases from Jeff Kagan
- Apple iPhone Sales Weaker Than Expected | Jeff Kagan Industry Analyst - January 14th, 2013
- Will FACEBOOK Launch Phone This Week? | Jeff Kagan Industry Analyst - January 13th, 2013
- Nokia Not Out of Woods Yet | Jeff Kagan Wireless Analyst - January 10th, 2013
- Why Microsoft Windows 8 Holiday Sales Were Soft, Jeff Kagan Tech Analyst - January 5th, 2013
- Sprint Nextel Acquiring Clearwire for Wireless Data | Jeff Kagan Industry Analyst - December 17th, 2012
Contact InformationJeff Kagan
Title: Tech Analyst
PO Box 670562
Marietta, GA 30066
Phone: 770 579 5810