Creating bilingual children using a unique approach
Author Celina Penovi offers children a never-before-seen, fun, easy and effective way to become bilingual in her new series of English/Spanish storybooks. An international lawyer from Argentina and mother of four, Celina knows first-hand the importance of communicating fluently and effectively in both Spanish and English – while making the endeavor fun.
“Learning a second language is not as hard as it seems,” says Celina. “Reading books that are interesting and fun makes everyone more open and relaxed, so learning becomes smoother and more pleasant.”
The series of English/Spanish books includes:
- “Scramble Breakfast” (Alboroto a la Hora del Desayuno), a tale of hilarious breakfast table mishaps that occur between the food and utensils at the table.
- “The Clumsy Stork” (La Ciguena Despistada), the story of a stork exhausted after a night of partying and the humor of delivering babies the next morning.
- “Guess it if you can! – School Time!” (Adivinaras, quizas? – Hora de ir a la escuela!), eight riddles about activities taking place during the school day.
All books are written with matching stanzas in English and Spanish to make learning even easier, and are beautifully illustrated. The books are reminiscent of Dr. Seuss, with their fun, snappy rhymes. An excerpt of a riddle from “Guess it if you can! – School Time!,” reads:
En la cartuchera In the pencil box
yo me escondo I hide
junto a la lapicera. with the pen standing at my side.
Pinto con la crayola With the crayons
sobre el papel the paper we seek
bailando cola con cola. to paint while dancing cheek to cheek.
Visit http:www.kidspoemas.com to get a sense of Celina’s unique approach.
About the Author
Celina Penovi was born and raised in Buenos Aires, Argentina. She received her masters degree in International Law from UC Berkeley and is a licensed attorney in Argentina and California. At present, she is senior counsel at the World Bank. In her spare time she assists in charitable work and enjoys playing sports and guitar. She currently resides just outside of Washington, D.C. with her husband and four boys.
Other press releases from AuthorHouse
- ‘Dingle, The Helpful Ice Cream Cone Delivery Dog’: New Children’s Book Celebrates Helpful Attitude, Determination - July 15th, 2010
- Murder, Intrigue and Humor Combine in New Novel - July 15th, 2010
- Real Dracula Was A Savior to Many - July 14th, 2010
- When a Pet Harms an Infant: The Other Side of a Tragic Story - July 13th, 2010
- ‘The Story of Me’: The True Story of Prevailing Over Despair for a Second Chance at Happiness - July 13th, 2010
Contact InformationElizabeth Friedland
Alt. Phone: 317.926.1727