The new Mercedes-Benz four-cylinder engine will appear first in the C250 sedan and coupe.Signal Hill, CA, September 28, 2011 — Mercedes-Benz of Long Beach is excited to confirm, Mercedes-Benz will debut its new four-cylinder engines now arriving in the United States.
Mercedes has developed a four-cylinder engine that will power the upcoming A-, B- and C-class lineups in the U.S.
“It is always wonderful to see the new technologies that Mercedes-Benz creates,” said Bob Milner, General Manager. “This new engine will have the horsepower of V-6 engine but with four-cylinder fuel economy.”
Ranging from 1.6 to 2.0 liters, the turbocharged gasoline direct-injection engine could offer torque ranging from 185 to 260 pounds-feet, depending on displacement. With help from two fully variable camshaft phases, those torque figures could come on at as low as 1,250 rpm and run at full load up to 5,000 rpm without problems with cooling–impressive for a small-displacement gasoline engine.
The four-cylinder debuts in the United States in the midcycle revision of the C class now arriving at dealerships. The 1.8-liter turbo in the C250 sedan and coupe generates 201 hp at 5,500 rpm and 229 pounds-feet of torque between 2,200 rpm and 4,300 rpm.
The engine family has an aluminum block and head like the four-cylinder currently offered in Mercedes models sold in Europe. It uses a piezo direct injection system from Robert Bosch. The piezo injector is electronically controlled and much faster at regulating fuel delivery compared with traditional solenoid actuation, resulting in a cleaner fuel burn and lower emissions.
Mercedes-Benz of Long Beach proudly serves the greater Los Angeles and Orange County area.
For more information about Mercedes-Benz of Long Beach, call 562-988-8300 or visit mbzlongbeach.com. Don’t forget to become a fan of Mercedes-Benz of Long Beach on Facebook (http://www.facebook.com/pages/Signal-Hill-CA/Mercedes-Benz-of-Long-Beach/118434897517), and become a follower of Mercedes-Benz of Long Beach on Twitter (http://twitter.com/MBZLongBeach).
Other press releases from Feltman & Associates
- Beach Blvd. of Cars Proudly Supports Colette's Children's Home - April 4th, 2013
- Beach Blvd. of Cars Proudly Supports the Orange County Affiliate of Susan G. Komen - February 15th, 2013
- FIAT of Los Angeles at Motor Village LA was Ranked the #1 Volume Dealer in California for 2012 - February 11th, 2013
- FIAT of Los Angeles at Motor Village LA Proudly Supports the Los Angeles County Affiliate of Susan G. Komen for the Cure® - December 12th, 2012
- Scott Robinson Chrysler Dodge Jeep Ram Confirms, Dodge Announces Blacktop Packages For 2013 Models - November 19th, 2012
Contact InformationCraig Feltman
Feltman & Associates
1901 N. Newport Blvd.
Costa Mesa, CA 92627