Freestone Social LMS™ Unites Communities with Learning Management for Collaborative E-learning
In a Web-based world where people are identified by what they share, not by what they do, social or “participatory” learning is the 21st century classroom. Industry expert and co-founder of Tagoras, Jeff Cobb, describes social learning as “the idea that we build much of our knowledge through our interactions with other human beings.” Social learning gives organizations an advantage by widening the scope of knowledge sharing and idea generation to peers and colleagues within a community.
“Information transfer and learning are not the same thing,” says Dave Will, co-founder of Peach New Media. “We believe the actual learning happens when you interact with people. When social learning engages with traditional curriculum, you get an explosion of ideas, creativity, and engagement.”
With the Freestone Social LMS™ platform, organizations have the power to integrate a private social community into a learning management system. The platform provides a Personal Dashboard for users to access community and learning activities with one profile and login. Similar to popular social media sites, the Freestone community allows users to create relationships through contacts. But unlike other platforms, the Freestone community is centered around building knowledge in a particular skill or industry and exists within a fully configurable learning management system.
Peach New Media co-founder Johnson Cook says, “People are drawn to communities – they enjoy being recognized for what they share. Marrying our learning management system with community software was an obvious match and fills a true need.” A sampling of the Freestone Social LMS™ components includes:
- Private community, profiles, collaborative groups
- Access control, registration and e-commerce management
- Live webcasts and live webinar delivery
- On-Demand streaming content and mobile video delivery
- Subscription and package management
- Continuing education management
For more information about Freestone Social LMS from Peach New Media, visit http://www.peachnewmedia.com.
PEACH NEW MEDIA
Peach New Media (PNM) is a leader in online knowledge sharing. The “Peaches” at PNM believe that telling stories, providing access to experts and mentors within an industry is a key calling for associations. Serving associations and continuing education providers since 2001, Peach has worked with over 300 professional associations to provide platform, support, and professional services, to enable these associations to reach more people with more content. For more information, visit http://www.PeachNewMedia.com.
Other press releases from Peach New Media Inc.
- ASAE Selects Peach New Media to Capture ‘InnovationTalks Day’ - September 16th, 2011
- Rheumatologists Worldwide Acquire Free Medical Education Through the American College of Rheumatology - August 24th, 2011
- Market Your Association Like Lady Gaga - August 18th, 2011
- FL SAE and Peach Join Forces to Create Interactive Online Learning Community - August 16th, 2011
- Anyone Can Be a Professional Education Provider and Make Money at It - April 19th, 2011
Contact InformationNatalie Mullen
Title: Director of Marketing
Peach New Media Inc.