Percy was one of seven puppies born in a southern California household. Percy and her brother were the only two puppies of the litter not adopted by families, so they were sent to an animal shelter. Percy develops strong relationships with numerous animals in the shelter, all of which contribute in teaching her about loss and love. These characters help her develop trust and turn fear into acceptance.
Throughout the story, Percy comes face-to-face with adversity. With the help of her friends, she is able to overcome her fears and live happily. Percy is a motivational story for all ages. Readers will be captivated by the portrayal of life in a simple story seen through the eyes of a dog. Upenieks renders the cycles of life using Percy’s experiences, and inspires her readers to remain positive through hardship, making the most of what life has to offer:
“The dogs were beginning to understand how they had joined in to protect one another. Even those who’d found the plan silly promised to be part of our efforts.”
Trade paperback, soft cover
Approximately 216 pages
$19.99 retail price
About the Author:
Valda V. Upenieks received her Ph. D. from the University of Washington and has functioned in various nursing leadership roles in the Seattle and Los Angeles areas. She has published many professional articles and operated her own consulting firm. She now lives in Seattle, Washington with her two daughters and the real-life Percy.
Other press releases from AuthorHouse
- ‘Dingle, The Helpful Ice Cream Cone Delivery Dog’: New Children’s Book Celebrates Helpful Attitude, Determination - July 15th, 2010
- Murder, Intrigue and Humor Combine in New Novel - July 15th, 2010
- Real Dracula Was A Savior to Many - July 14th, 2010
- When a Pet Harms an Infant: The Other Side of a Tragic Story - July 13th, 2010
- ‘The Story of Me’: The True Story of Prevailing Over Despair for a Second Chance at Happiness - July 13th, 2010
Contact InformationNick McMurray