Boston, MA -- (ReleaseWire) -- 07/03/2014 -- Air care benefited from strong industrial and population growth in South Africa's major cities during the review period, with cities thus becoming increasingly polluted and overcrowded. This encouraged consumers to increase their use of air care as they sought to improve the environment in their homes. However, increasing financial constraints also resulted in consumers being careful in their spending on air care in 2012, with many consumers trading down to lower-priced products, brands and private label or buying air care only when discounted.
SC Johnson was the clear leader in air care throughout the review period and accounted for 37% value share in 2012. The company offers a wide range of products via its Glade and Rally ranges, with the company dominating sales of car and gel air fresheners with 53% and 68% value share in 2012, leading sales of electric air fresheners and standard spray/aerosol air fresheners with 42% and 35% share and ranking second and third in concentrated spray/aerosol air fresheners and liquid air fresheners respectively. Glade benefits from its wide range, strong global reputation and effective advertising support including TV advertising, in-store promotions and print adverts. Rally meanwhile focuses solely on car air fresheners, where it benefits from offering lower prices in comparison to its competitors.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
With the South African economy set to see only sluggish growth during the forecast period, consumers are expected to remain price-sensitive when buying air care. This focus on price will also be encouraged by many consumers opting to use air care more frequently in response to rising city odours as urban populations increase rapidly. As a result, lower-priced product areas are expected to see the strongest volume performance during the forecast period, with standard spray/aerosol air fresheners being expected to see a volume CAGR of 6% and gel air fresheners to see a CAGR of 5%.
Discover the latest market trends and uncover sources of future market growth for the Air Care industry in South Africa with research from Euromonitor's team of in-country analysts.
Find hidden opportunities in the most current research data available, understand competitive threats with our detailed market analysis, and plan your corporate strategy with our expert qualitative analysis and growth projections.
If you're in the Air Care industry in South Africa, our research will save you time and money while empowering you to make informed, profitable decisions.
The Air Care in South Africa market research report includes:
- Analysis of key supply-side and demand trends
- Historic volumes and values, company and brand market shares
- Five year forecasts of market trends and market growth
- Robust and transparent market research methodology, conducted in-country
Our market research reports answer questions such as:
- What is the market size of Air Care in South Africa?
- What are the major brands in South Africa?
- How do plug-in electric air fresheners perform compared to the battery-operated ones?
- What is the most dynamic air care category?
Reasons to Get this Report
- Gain competitive intelligence about market leaders
- Track key industry trends, opportunities and threats
- Inform your marketing, brand, strategy and market development, sales and supply functions
Product coverage: Candle Air Fresheners, Car Air Fresheners, Electric Air Fresheners, Gel Air Fresheners, Liquid Air Fresheners, Other Air Care, Spray/Aerosol Air Fresheners.
Data coverage: market sizes (historic and forecasts), company shares, brand shares and distribution data.
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is a leading distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff is always available to help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget. For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
Browse all Consumer Goods research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- The Future of the Skincare Market in South Africa to 2017: Market Size, Distribution and Brand Share, Key Events and Competitive Landscape
- The Future of the Skincare Market in South Africa to 2017
- The Future of the Oral Hygiene Market in South Africa to 2017: Market Size, Distribution and Brand Share, Key Events and Competitive Landscape
- Home Care in South Africa
- The Future of the Oral Hygiene Market in South Africa to 2017
- Facial Care Market in South Africa to 2017
- Denture Care Market in South Africa: Market Profile to 2017
- The Future of the Make-up Market in South Africa to 2017: Market Size, Distribution and Brand Share, Key Events and Competitive Landscape
- The Future of the Fragrances Market in South Africa to 2017: Market Size, Distribution and Brand Share, Key Events and Competitive Landscape
- Denture Care Market in South Africa to 2017