Boston, MA -- (ReleaseWire) -- 04/18/2014 -- Hepatitis B, which is caused by the hepatitis B virus (HBV), is characterized by acute or chronic inflammation of the liver. Researchers and healthcare experts have estimated that roughly two billion people are infected with HBV worldwide, with roughly 600,000 people dying each year from HBV-related liver diseases. While the arrival of recombinant HBsAg vaccines has greatly reduced disease burden over the past two decades, questions surrounding vaccine uptake and effectiveness in adults, particularly in niche patient populations, still remain. GlobalData expects that the growing popularity of pediatric combination vaccines, along with the arrival of vaccines that achieve higher seroconversion rates in high-risk adults, will serve to stimulate growth in the marketplace over the forecast period. Country-specific immunization recommendations and policy implementation will be an essential metric for determining future vaccine uptake in the 7MM (US, France, Germany, Italy, Spain, UK, and Japan) and Canada.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
Ambirix [Hepatitis A (Inactivated) & Hepatitis B (rDNA) Vaccine] is GSK's bivalent combination vaccine that protects children and adolescents against disease caused by HAV and acute and chronic infections caused by all known strains of HBV. Ambirix contains the antigenic components used in GSK's Havrix (formalin-inactivated HAV) and GSK's Engerix-B (yeast-derived recombinant HBsAg). In 2002, Ambirix was approved in the 5EU for active immunization of children and adolescents 1-15 years of age utilizing a two-dose regimen for primary vaccination.
- Overview of Hepatitis B disease, including epidemiology, etiology, symptoms, diagnosis, pathology and treatment guidelines as well as an overview on the competitive landscape.
- Detailed information on Ambirix including product description, safety and efficacy profiles as well as a SWOT analysis.
- Sales forecast for Ambirix for the UK from 2012 to 2022.
- Sales information covered for the UK.
Reasons to Get This Report
- Understand and capitalize by identifying products that are most likely to ensure a robust return
- Stay ahead of the competition by understanding the changing competitive landscape for Hepatitis B
- Effectively plan your M&A and partnership strategies by identifying drugs with the most promising sales potential
- Make more informed business decisions from insightful and in-depth analysis of Ambirix performance
- Obtain sales forecast for Ambirix from 2012-2022 in the UK.
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is a leading distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff is always available to help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget. For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
Browse all Pharmaceuticals research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- PharmaPoint: Prophylactic Hepatitis B Virus Vaccines - 5EU Drug Forecast and Market Analysis to 2022
- PharmaPoint: Prophylactic Hepatitis B Virus Vaccines - US Drug Forecast and Market Analysis to 2022
- PharmaPoint: Prophylactic Hepatitis B Virus Vaccines - Canada Drug Forecast and Market Analysis to 2022
- Engerix-B (Prophylactic Hepatitis B Virus Vaccines) - Forecast and Market Analysis to 2022
- PharmaPoint: Prophylactic Hepatitis B Virus Vaccines - Japan Drug Forecast and Market Analysis to 2022
- Comvax (Prophylactic Hepatitis B Virus Vaccines) - Forecast and Market Analysis to 2022
- Bimmugen (Prophylactic Hepatitis B Virus Vaccines) - Forecast and Market Analysis to 2022
- Travel Vaccines Market to 2019 - Hepatitis A, Japanese Encephalitis and Meningococcal Vaccine Segments to Drive Growth
- PharmaPoint: Pediatric Respiratory Syncytial Virus (RSV) Prophylactics - US Drug Forecast and Market Analysis to 2022
- Adult and Adolescent Vaccines Market to 2018 - Promising Novel Candidates in Late-Stage Development and Prevnar Approval for Use in Adults to Drive Growth