Lewes, DE -- (ReleaseWire) -- 07/16/2014 -- There is considerable excitement around the potential of AndroScience's ASC-J9 in the acne market. ASC-J9 not only represents a novel mechanism of action, but also its entry to the market will be a much-needed addition to a stagnant market. ASC-J9 functions to target the principal hormone receptor associated with acne, the androgen receptor, a cause of acne in both men and women.
In addition to use in female patients with moderate to severe acne, ASC-J9 will allow penetration into the male acne market, something not achieved with currently available hormonal treatments. Furthermore, due to its topical formulation, systemic side effects are likely to be reduced, if not altogether ameliorated. When compared with isotretinoin, the current standard for patients with severe acne, ASC-J9 has a better safety profile and is not teratogenic, which poses a major barrier for isotretinoin. ASC-J9 is expected to become a major product for the treatment of patients with severe acne and is forecast to experience rapid uptake.
A competitive assessment of AndroScience's ASC-J9 and Photocure's Visonac is provided in the Figure. (Please see the attached image)
Key Questions Answered
- How will the US and 5EU acne markets evolve over the forecast period from 2012 to 2018 in terms of sales and patient numbers?
- How will the launch of late-stage pipeline therapies such as ASC-J9 and Visonac shape the future treatment landscape?
- How do the clinical and commercial attributes of late-stage pipeline therapies compare to one another and against existing treatment options?
- Why has there been a void of R&D interest from Big Pharma in this highly populated dermatology indication?
- What are the remaining unmet needs and opportunities for drug developers within the acne space?
Spanning over 177 pages, “OpportunityAnalyzer: Acne Vulgaris - Opportunity Analysis and Forecasts to 2018” report covering the Disease Overview, Epidemiology, Current Treatment Options, Unmet Needs Assessment and Opportunity Analysis, R&D Strategies, Pipeline Assessment, Pipeline Valuation Analysis, Appendix.
See Table of contents & Purchase this publication at: http://www.marketresearchreports.com/globaldata/opportunityanalyzer-acne-vulgaris-opportunity-analysis-and-forecasts-2018
About Market Research Reports, Inc.
Market Research Reports, Inc. is the world's leading source for market research reports and market data. We provide you with the latest market research reports on global markets, key industries, leading companies, new products and latest industry analysis & trends.
For latest market research videos visit: http://www.marketresearch.tv