Boston, MA -- (ReleaseWire) -- 07/25/2014 -- Automotive Suspension Systems Market by Vehicle Type (Passenger Car, LCV & HCV), System Type (Passive & Semi-Active/Active), Damping Type (Hydraulic & Electromagnetic) & Geography - Industry Trends & Forecast to 2018
The suspension system in a vehicle mainly consists of springs, shock absorbers and various linkages. The key functions of the system are to increase the vehicle?s road holding capacity and also, to provide complete comfort to the occupants inside the vehicle from bumps in the road and other vibrations. These systems are broadly classified as dependant and independent, depending upon the ability of the wheels on the opposite of the vehicle to move independently of each other. The suspension system of a vehicle, acts as a major differentiator between the low or mid-segment vehicles and luxury vehicles. It also helps in preventing excessive wear and tear of vehicle and its components. The major factor responsible for the increasing number of advancements and demand for good suspension systems are the increasing demand for cheap, lesser in weight, better fuel economy, and comfort. In the coming years, also the increasing demand for luxury vehicles in the regions of Europe and Asia-Pacific, mainly in China, India and Japan, is expected to drive the market for more advanced suspension systems in vehicles.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
The report covers the market for automotive suspension systems in terms of volume and value. The market volume is provided in terms of thousand units; whereas the value for the market is provided in terms of $million from 2011 to 2018. The automotive suspension systems market is broadly segmented by types (Passive and Semi-active/Active suspension systems). The market is further segmented by?vehicle type (Passenger cars, Light commercial vehicles & Heavy commercial vehicles), damping type (Hydraulic/Pneumatic and Electromagnetic), and geography (Asia-Pacific, Europe, North America & ROW) focusing on key countries in each region.
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is a leading distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff is always available to help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget. For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
Browse all Transportation research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Automotive HVAC Market by Vehicle Type (Passenger Cars, LCVs & HCVs), Technology (Manual & Automatic), Components & Cabin Comfort Market by Type (Power Seats, Power Windows, Heated Seats & Sunroofs) - Global Trends & Forecast to 2018
- Automotive Air Filters Market by Vehicle Type (Passenger Car, Light & Heavy Commercial), by Filter Type (Intake & Cabin Air Filters), by Market Type (OE & Aftermarket), Two-Wheelers (OE & Aftermarket) & Geography - Global Trends & Forecast to 2018
- Automotive Exhaust Systems Market - Trends & Forecasts to 2019
- Automotive Lighting Market: By Position (Front, Rear, Side, & Interior), Technology (Halogen, Xenon/HID, & LED), Vehicle Type, & Geography - Global Trends & Forecast To 2018
- Automotive Brake System Market By Geography, Brake Type (Disc, Drum), Vehicle Type (Passenger Cars, Light & Heavy Commercial, Two Wheelers) & Technology (Electronically Assisted & Others) - Global Trends & Forecast to 2018
- Oil Filter & Fuel Filter Market by Vehicle Type (Passenger Cars, LCVs & HCVs), Market Type (OE & Aftermarket), Filter Type (Oil & Fuel), Fuel Type (Gasoline & Diesel) & Geography - Industry Trends & Forecast to 2018
- Automotive Paints Market by Coat Type (Electrocoat, Primer, Basecoat & Clearcoat), by Technology (Solvent-Borne, Waterborne & Powder Coating), Texture Type (Metallic & Solid), Vehicle Type & Geography - Global Trends & Forecast to 2018
- Semi Autonomous Market For Passenger Car By Type (Adaptive Cruise Control, Lane Keep Assist, Autonomous Park Assist & Adaptive Lights), By Technology, By Geography, & Autonomous Car (Qualitative Trends & Technologies) - Global Trends & Forecast To 2018
- Automotive Lighting Market - Global Trends & Forecast to 2020
- Passenger Car Sensors Market - Trends & Forecast to 2019