Boston, MA -- (ReleaseWire) -- 07/25/2014 -- As disposable incomes grow in the country, especially among working class women, sales of baby and child-specific products are being positively impacted. Following the trend seen over the review period more women are working in Cameroon and thus becoming less and less dependent. Consequently their purchasing power, as the main buyers of these products, is increasing. Thus, the category was able to post strong current value growth of 8% in 2013. Manufacturers intensified their brand campaigns through advertising and point-of-sale promotions, increasing the visibility of their brands in key outlets. The growth of the supermarket channel also increased visibility among middle-class shoppers, thereby raising brand awareness.
Biopharma recorded the highest value share and the strongest value share growth in baby and child-specific products in Cameroon in 2013. The company's success in the category is based on the advantages it enjoys as a local player. Biopharma appears to be a company which understands the needs of its customers much better than its foreign rivals. The distributors of Biopharma products appear to be able to achieve higher profits when stocking Biopharma products than foreign brands. Moreover, Biopharma's competitive pricing led to the company's value share in baby and child-specific products increasing significantly in 2013, mainly at the expense of foreign companies such as Beiersdorf.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
The baby and child-specific products environment in Cameroon is set to see a constant value CAGR of 4% over the forecast period. This growth is expected to be driven by rising birth rates, increasing levels of awareness of these products and growing Westernisation. Middle-income consumers are likely to be key to the growth of baby care products, and are observed to have more children than their more affluent counterparts, and will therefore constitute a choice focus group for manufacturers. As the Cameroonian economy continues to improve and purchasing power increases over the forecast period, these middle-income consumers, and especially working mothers, are expected to increase spending beyond essential items.
Discover the latest market trends and uncover sources of future market growth for the Baby Care industry in Cameroon with research from Euromonitor's team of in-country analysts.
Find hidden opportunities in the most current research data available, understand competitive threats with our detailed market analysis, and plan your corporate strategy with our expert qualitative analysis and growth projections.
If you're in the Baby Care industry in Cameroon, our research will save you time and money while empowering you to make informed, profitable decisions.
The Baby Care in Cameroon market research report includes:
- Analysis of key supply-side and demand trends
- Detailed segmentation of international and local products
- Historic volumes and values, company and brand market shares
- Five year forecasts of market trends and market growth
- Robust and transparent market research methodology, conducted in-country
Our market research reports answer questions such as:
- What is the market size of Baby Care in Cameroon?
- What are the major brands in Cameroon?
- What are the movements in unit prices across categories?
- What is the penetration of premium baby care products?
Reasons to Get this Report
- Gain competitive intelligence about market leaders
- Track key industry trends, opportunities and threats
- Inform your marketing, brand, strategy and market development, sales and supply functions
Product coverage: Baby and Child-specific Hair Care, Baby and Child-specific Skin Care, Baby and Child-specific Sun Care, Baby and Child-specific Toiletries, Baby Wipes, Medicated Baby and Child-specific Products, Nappy (Diaper) Rash Treatments.
Data coverage: market sizes (historic and forecasts), company shares, brand shares and distribution data.
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is a leading distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff is always available to help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget. For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
Browse all Consumer Goods research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Baby and Child-Specific Products in Lithuania
- Baby and Child-Specific Products in Estonia
- Baby and Child-Specific Products in Georgia
- Baby and Child-Specific Products in Israel
- Baby and Child-Specific Products in Guatemala
- Baby and Child-Specific Products in Turkey
- Baby and Child-Specific Products in South Korea
- Baby and Child-Specific Products in Singapore
- Baby and Child-Specific Products in Greece
- Baby and Child-Specific Products in Hungary