Boston, MA -- (ReleaseWire) -- 07/30/2014 -- In 2013, the baby and child-specific products category saw current value sales rise by 2%, to reach DKK220 million. The main trend in this category was the growing interest among Danish parents in using natural and organic products when dealing with their children. Rising number of Danish parents are careful, when choosing products, to purchase those that feature the Swan Label, an eco-label used in Nordic countries. Concern over the safety of beauty ingredients such as PEG (propylene glycol) and sodium laureth sulfate is encouraging Danish consumers to seek natural and/or organic baby and child-specific products. This trend has benefited manufacturers such as DermaPharm A/S, a manufacturer of natural products.
SCA Hygiene Products A/S recorded a rise in value share to reach 20% in 2013, ensuring it retained its leadership position. Much of the company's success stems from its Natusan range, with variants having been available in Denmark for 60 years; it is well known and trusted by Danish consumers.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
During the forecast period, the baby and child-specific products category is expected to see value sales rise at a CAGR of 1% at constant 2013 prices, to reach DKK231 million by 2018. The natural and organic trend is expected to continue to be a main contributor to growth over the forecast period. Danish parents are expected to continue to purchase natural, organic and safe products for their children, even though these products tend to have a higher unit price. Parents are expected to further scrutinise their purchases of baby and child-specific products during the forecast period and parental concern about product safety and quality will set the standard for manufacturing. The Swan and Asthma and Allergy Denmark Labels are expected to become standard certification for successful products. The private label products of Coop Danmark A/S (under the Anglamark brand), as well as the private label products of Matas and Apotekernes Amba, are expected to perform well as they live up to the high expectations of consumers. Even though Matas does not market its products as organic, they are still perceived to be safe by the general public.
Discover the latest market trends and uncover sources of future market growth for the Baby Care industry in Denmark with research from Euromonitor's team of in-country analysts.
Find hidden opportunities in the most current research data available, understand competitive threats with our detailed market analysis, and plan your corporate strategy with our expert qualitative analysis and growth projections.
If you're in the Baby Care industry in Denmark, our research will save you time and money while empowering you to make informed, profitable decisions.
The Baby Care in Denmark market research report includes:
- Analysis of key supply-side and demand trends
- Detailed segmentation of international and local products
- Historic volumes and values, company and brand market shares
- Five year forecasts of market trends and market growth
- Robust and transparent market research methodology, conducted in-country
Our market research reports answer questions such as:
- What is the market size of Baby Care in Denmark?
- What are the major brands in Denmark?
- What are the movements in unit prices across categories?
- What is the penetration of premium baby care products?
Reasons to Get this Report
- Gain competitive intelligence about market leaders
- Track key industry trends, opportunities and threats
- Inform your marketing, brand, strategy and market development, sales and supply functions
Product coverage: Baby and Child-specific Hair Care, Baby and Child-specific Skin Care, Baby and Child-specific Sun Care, Baby and Child-specific Toiletries, Baby Wipes, Medicated Baby and Child-specific Products, Nappy (Diaper) Rash Treatments.
Data coverage: market sizes (historic and forecasts), company shares, brand shares and distribution data.
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is a leading distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff is always available to help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget. For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
Browse all Consumer Goods research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Baby and Child-Specific Products in Lithuania
- Baby and Child-Specific Products in Estonia
- Baby and Child-Specific Products in Slovenia
- Baby and Child-Specific Products in Georgia
- Baby and Child-Specific Products in Israel
- Baby and Child-Specific Products in Turkey
- Baby and Child-Specific Products in Slovakia
- Baby and Child-Specific Products in South Korea
- Baby and Child-Specific Products in Cameroon
- Baby and Child-Specific Products in Singapore