Boston, MA -- (ReleaseWire) -- 06/09/2014 -- Soft economic conditions in Malaysia during 2013 saw consumers fending for their jobs and in turn immersing themselves at work. This translated to a more hectic lifestyle for many consumers, as they still have to juggle with their family life. Therefore, consumers increasingly demand convenience in their daily lifestyles, which benefits biscuits, which are convenient as quick meals or snacks. This resulted in a stronger current value growth for biscuits in 2013 than in 2012.
Kraft Foods (M) Sdn Bhd retained its leadership in biscuits with a 20% retail value share during 2013. Its strong stable of brands including Jacob's, Oreo and Chipsmore managed to sustain consumer interest through their established presence, active marketing campaigns and trusted product quality.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
Biscuits is expected to register a retail value CAGR of 1% in constant terms over the forecast period. Consumers will continue to become more health conscious, with government campaigns driving healthy living expected to continue over the forecast period. Therefore, consumers will increasingly turn to health and wellness biscuits for the higher nutritional value. However, they will also reduce their intake of biscuits such as cookies and chocolate-coated biscuits that are deemed to be unhealthy. This in turn will slow the pace of constant value growth of biscuits over the forecast period.
Discover the latest market trends and uncover sources of future market growth for the Biscuits industry in Malaysia with research from Euromonitor's team of in-country analysts.
Find hidden opportunities in the most current research data available, understand competitive threats with our detailed market analysis, and plan your corporate strategy with our expert qualitative analysis and growth projections.
If you're in the Biscuits industry in Malaysia, our research will save you time and money while empowering you to make informed, profitable decisions.
The Biscuits in Malaysia market research report includes:
- Analysis of key supply-side and demand trends
- Detailed segmentation of international and local products
- Historic volumes and values, company and brand market shares
- Five year forecasts of market trends and market growth
- Robust and transparent market research methodology, conducted in-country
Our market research reports answer questions such as:
- What is the market size of Biscuits in Malaysia?
- What are the major brands in Malaysia?
- How will increasingly volatile wheat commodity prices impact retail prices and sales performance?
- What are the market opportunities for high fibre products?
- How are biscuits manufacturers balancing consumer demand for both healthy and indulgent products?
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is a leading distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff is always available to help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget. For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
Browse all Food research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Savory Baked Goods Market in the United States to 2017
- Savory Baked Goods Market in the UAE to 2017
- Savory Baked Goods Market in South Korea to 2017
- Savory Baked Goods Market in Norway to 2017
- Savory Baked Goods Market in the United Kingdom to 2017
- Savory Baked Goods Market in Belgium to 2017
- Savory Baked Goods Market in Bulgaria to 2017
- Savory Baked Goods Market in Saudi Arabia to 2017
- Savory Baked Goods Market in Ukraine to 2017
- Savory Baked Goods Market in South Africa to 2017