Boston, MA -- (ReleaseWire) -- 06/23/2014 -- Belgians traditionally prefer bottled water over tap water, primarily because the tap water is very hard. This means that bottled water sales are high in Belgium, with the country having one of the highest per capita consumption levels of bottled water in Europe.
With its strong brand recognition and widespread presence in Belgium, Spadel NV SA managed to maintain its leadership in the bottled water category in 2013, posting a 22% off-trade value share, despite a slight slowdown in the growth rate of its Spa and Bru brands. The company nevertheless posted a slight rise in overall share in 2013. Spadel boosted its presence, in a bid to increase consumer awareness, by opening in September 2013, a tourist centre called L'Eaudyssee de Spa, a type of water museum, where the company expects to receive around 25,000 visitors per year.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
Per capita consumption of bottled water in Belgium was already high in 2013. Given the maturity of the category and the increasing popularity of filtered tap water (which in 2013, however, was still a niche phenomenon), bottled water is likely to see its volumes remain flat over the forecast period.
Discover the latest market trends and uncover sources of future market growth for the Bottled Water industry in Belgium with research from Euromonitor's team of in-country analysts.
Find hidden opportunities in the most current research data available, understand competitive threats with our detailed market analysis, and plan your corporate strategy with our expert qualitative analysis and growth projections.
If you're in the Bottled Water industry in Belgium, our research will save you time and money while empowering you to make informed, profitable decisions.
The Bottled Water in Belgium market research report includes:
- Analysis of key supply-side and demand trends
- Detailed segmentation of international and local products
- Historic volumes and values, company and brand market shares
- Five year forecasts of market trends and market growth
- Robust and transparent market research methodology, conducted in-country
Our market research reports answer questions such as:
- What is the market size of Bottled Water in Belgium?
- What are the major brands in Belgium?
- How important is the direct selling method of distribution in Belgium for bottled water sales?
- What impact have environmental issues (such as sustainable packaging) had on consumer attitudes, category volumes, packaging formulations and/or product innovation in Belgium?
Reasons to Get this Report
- Gain competitive intelligence about market leaders
- Track key industry trends, opportunities and threats
- Inform your marketing, brand, strategy and market development, sales and supply functions
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is a leading distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff is always available to help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget. For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
Browse all Beverages research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Bottled Water in Nigeria
- Bottled Water in Estonia
- Bottled Water in Germany
- Bottled Water in the Philippines
- Bottled Water in Kazakhstan
- Bottled Water in Hungary
- Bottled Water in Portugal
- Bottled Water in Spain
- Bottled Water in Israel
- Bottled Water in the United Kingdom