Boston, MA -- (ReleaseWire) -- 08/01/2014 -- Cider/perry gained interest from Czech consumers when the brand of Somersby cider (Budejovicky Budvar) was introduced during the spring of 2012. Somersby cider was given a strong marketing support and gained more attention from mostly younger consumers during 2013. Moreover, another international brand was launched during 2013, namely Kingswood by the brewery group Plzensky Prazdroj. Kingswood has been available through on-trade at selected restaurants and bars in Prague and Brno since July 2013.
Budejovicky Budvar maintained the top position within cider/perry in 2013 with a 76% total volume share. Budejovicky Budvar became the exclusive distributor of the premium-positioned Somersby apple cider from Carlsberg in the spring of 2012. In 2013, Somersby cider was extended with the new pear flavour in 2013 and the company continued with in-store promotions, price promotions and multipacks in the off-trade channel and with marketing campaigns at foodservice outlets and music festivals. This helped the brand to maintain a strong position within the category.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
The leading companies operating in cider (Budejovicky Budvar, Plzensky Prazdroj) believe that the Czech market presents great potential for cider. Cider reflects the increasing demand for alternative alcoholic beverages with unusual flavours, and also the growing interest in drinks with lower alcohol content in comparison to spirits. Its main competitor is beer and RTDs. Cider is expected to appeal to consumers who do not like the bitter taste of beer or who do not like flavoured beer.
Discover the latest market trends and uncover sources of future market growth for the Cider/Perry industry in Czech Republic with research from Euromonitor's team of in-country analysts.
Find hidden opportunities in the most current research data available, understand competitive threats with our detailed market analysis, and plan your corporate strategy with our expert qualitative analysis and growth projections.
If you're in the Cider/Perry industry in Czech Republic, our research will save you time and money while empowering you to make informed, profitable decisions.
The Cider/Perry in Czech Republic market research report includes:
- Analysis of key supply-side and demand trends
- Detailed segmentation of international and local products
- Historic volumes and values, company and brand market volume shares
- Five year forecasts of market trends and market growth
- Production, imports by origin, exports by destination
- Robust and transparent market research methodology, conducted in-country
Our market research reports answer questions such as:
- What is the market size of Cider/Perry in Czech Republic?
- What are the major brands in Czech Republic?
- Is premiumisation expected to continue to be an important driver in cider?
- Who are the key consumers of cider: men, women, younger or older consumers?
- Where is cider mainly consumed- at home or away from home?
Reasons to Get this Report
- Gain competitive intelligence about market leaders
- Track key industry trends, opportunities and threats
- Inform your marketing, brand, strategy and market development, sales and supply functions
Data coverage: market sizes (historic and forecasts), company shares, brand shares and distribution data.
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is a leading distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff is always available to help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget. For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
Browse all Beverages research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- The Future of the Spirits Market in Czech Republic to 2017: Market Size, Distribution and Brand Share, Key Events and Competitive Landscape
- Dairy Product Market in Czech Republic to 2018 - Market Size, Trends, and Forecasts, and Market Players
- The Future of the Wine Market in Czech Republic to 2017: Market Size, Distribution and Brand Share, Key Events and Competitive Landscape
- Dairy Product Market in Czech Republic to 2018 - Market Size, Trends, and Forecasts
- Fruit and Vegetable Juice Market in Czech Republic to 2018 - Market Size, Trends, and Forecasts
- Construction and Mining Machinery Market in Czech Republic to 2018 - Market Size, Trends, and Forecasts
- Medical Device Market in Czech Republic to 2018 - Market Size, Trends, and Forecasts
- The Future of the Haircare Market in Czech Republic to 2017: Market Size, Distribution and Brand Share, Key Events and Competitive Landscape
- Dominican Republic Wealth Report 2014
- The Future of the Meat Market in Czech Republic to 2017: Market Size, Distribution and Brand Share, Key Events and Competitive Landscape