Boston, MA -- (ReleaseWire) -- 06/23/2014 -- With 4 kilograms of coffee per capita, Croatia does not stick out among European countries; it belongs somewhere in the middle. However, calculating the time Croatians spend consuming coffee, alongside other social activities, would place the country above average in terms of "cafe society" indicators. Because of deep rooted habits, it was difficult for any of the new formats to set foot in coffee; therefore, this made the achievement of fresh ground coffee pods and coffee-2-go (coffe in plastic cups to be consumed on the go) in 2013 all the more impressive. It may as well be that those innovative formats have managed to secure themselves a permanent post among the few "acceptable" ways to consume coffee in Croatia.
Local player Franck continued to lead overall coffee in 2013, claiming a retail value share of 46% and a clear leadership in fresh coffee with 65%. In addition to its reasonable prices, the company's leadership is built on its longstanding presence in Croatia and the strong reputation for quality enjoyed by its eponymous brand. Franck also offers the Gloria brand, which was brought into its coffee portfolio with the acquisition of Tombia doo in 2009. The company is also trying to gain a stronger position in instant coffee, where it ranked third in 2013 with retail volume and value share of 5%.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
The forecast period is predicted to bring greater variety, simply due to the fact that Croatia is now in the EU. This makes it easier to import brands from the EU, but will also divert some attention of multinationals towards Croatia, now being an integral part of the common market.
Discover the latest market trends and uncover sources of future market growth for the Coffee industry in Croatia with research from Euromonitor's team of in-country analysts.
Find hidden opportunities in the most current research data available, understand competitive threats with our detailed market analysis, and plan your corporate strategy with our expert qualitative analysis and growth projections.
If you're in the Coffee industry in Croatia, our research will save you time and money while empowering you to make informed, profitable decisions.
The Coffee in Croatia market research report includes:
- Analysis of key supply-side and demand trends
- Detailed segmentation of international and local products
- Historic volumes and values, company and brand market shares
- Five year forecasts of market trends and market growth
- Robust and transparent market research methodology, conducted in-country
Our market research reports answer questions such as:
- What is the market size of Coffee in Croatia?
- What are the major brands in Croatia?
- How significant is vending in coffee distribution?
- How does the increasing number of speciality coffee shops impact retail sales of coffee?
- How are coffee pods performing in Croatia?
Reasons to Get this Report
- Gain competitive intelligence about market leaders
- Track key industry trends, opportunities and threats
- Inform your marketing, brand, strategy and market development, sales and supply functions
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is a leading distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff is always available to help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget. For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
Browse all Beverages research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Coffee in Austria
- Coffee in Norway
- Coffee in Slovakia
- Coffee in Israel
- Coffee in the US
- Coffee in Egypt
- Coffee in Mexico
- Iced/RTD Coffee Drinks Market in West Europe to 2019: Market Guide
- Iced/RTD Coffee Drinks Market in Latin America to 2019: Market Guide
- Iced/RTD Coffee Drinks Market in Asia to 2019: Market Guide