Boston, MA -- (ReleaseWire) -- 02/19/2014 -- The superplasticizer market had a consumption of 2,514 kilo tons in 2012, with the highest share held by Asia-Pacific and Middle East & Africa together accounted for 72.7%. The global market is projected to grow at a CAGR of 5.9% from 2013 to 2018. The highest investment is forecasted to be in Asia-Pacific, due to the growing application markets, low cost of production, and availability of raw materials especially in China. Middle East & Africa is expected to have the highest growth of 6.9% from 2013 to 2018. The North American and European segments are expected to share together 25.0% of the revenue by 2018, growing at the rates of 6.1% and 5.6%, respectively between 2013 and 2018.
BASF SE (Germany), Sika AG (Switzerland), Air Products & Chemicals Inc. (U.S.), ARKEMA (France), Grace Construction Products (U.S.), Kao Corporation S.A. (Japan), MAPEI SPA (Italy), The Euclid Chemical Company (U.S.) are the major active players in the superplasticizers market. These companies showed the highest strategy adoptions amongst other players in the global superplasticizers market accounted for 80.0% of the total market activities.
From 2010 to 2013, expansion was observed as the major growth strategy adopted by the superplasticizer companies, accounting for a share of 45.5% overall. In the first half of 2011, SIKA AG (Switzerland) acquired three admixture businesses of medium and small scale companies, followed by two expansions from ARKEMA (France), and two product launches by BASF SE (Germany). W.R. Grace & Co. (U.S.), Kao Corporation (Japan), and MAPEI SA (Italy) are the other major participants in development activities during this period. The other active players in market development of superplasticizer are Air Products & Chemicals Inc. (U.S.) and The Euclid Chemical Company (U.S.).
Major companies offering superplasticizers are actively involved in launching new products in the market by investing in R&D. Irrespective of the company's size, all the market participants are actively investing in developing new products and delivering them to the market. The manufacturing companies are leveraging distribution networks of major companies by entering in to strategic supply and distribution agreements. In this way, companies are able to explore new markets and penetrate into the existing markets with highly efficient products.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is a leading distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff is always available to help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget. For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
Browse all Materials research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Green Coatings Market - Global Trends & Forecast to 2018
- Coating Additives Market by Function (Rheology Modifiers, Dispersing, Wetting Agent, Impact Modifier, Anti-Foaming), Application (Automotive, Architecture, Industrial), Formulation (Water, Solvent, Powder Based), & Types - Global Trends & Forecast to 2018
- Automotive Paints Market by Coat Type (Electrocoat, Primer, Basecoat & Clearcoat), by Technology (Solvent-Borne, Waterborne & Powder Coating), Texture Type (Metallic & Solid), Vehicle Type & Geography - Global Trends & Forecast to 2018
- Colorants Market - Dyes (Reactive, Disperse, Acid, Direct, Basic, VAT), Organic Pigments (Azo, Phthalocyanines, High Performance) & Inorganic Pigments (TiO2, Iron Oxide, Carbon Black & Others) - Global Trends & Forecast to 2018
- Specialty Gas Market by Types (High Purity, Noble, Carbon, Halogen, & Others), by Applications (Manufacturing, Electronics, Healthcare, Academics, & Others) & Geography - Global Trends and Forecast to 2018
- Advanced Phase Change Material (PCM) Market By Type (Inorganic, Organic & Bio-Based) & Application (Building & Construction, Cold Storage, HVAC, Textile, Thermal Energy Storage, Electronics) - Global Trends & Forecast To 2018
- Feed Enzyme Market By Type (Phytase, Protease & NSP), Sub-Type (Xylanase, Cellulase, Pectinase, a-glucanase & Mannase), & Application (Swine, Poultry, Ruminant, Aqua Feed & Others)-Global Trends & Forecasts to 2018
- Shotcrete/Sprayed Concrete Market by Process (Wet & Dry), Applications (Underground Construction, Water Retaining Structures, Protective Coatings, Repair Works & Others), Systems & Geography: Global Trends and Forecasts to 2018
- Polymer Foam Market By Types, Applications & Geography - Global Trends & Forecasts to 2018
- Acrylic Acid & Its Derivatives Market - Global Trends & Forecast to 2018