Boston, MA -- (ReleaseWire) -- 07/15/2014 -- Deodorants continued to see deeper levels of segmentation in 2013, with manufacturers focusing on consumers' different needs, which were directly related to age and aspirational life styles. The leading brands continued to benefit from the influence of celebrities to introduce new products or line extensions (which offered subtle changes) while continuing to add value and offer special point of sale promotions in order to attract their target consumers' attention. Both multi-benefits alternatives (5 in 1) and specific care formulations continued to be launched frequently under the intensifying competitive scenario with manufacturers exploiting alternative resources in order to maintain their positioning. These included product re-launches, in/out products, image renewal, innovative and differentiated packaging, technologically advanced products, product support (proven protection) and others. Chemical-free and natural oriented formulations continued in 2013, even at the most popular discounters, which started to offer certain artisanal differentiated products (organic, environment-friendly).
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
Unilever de Centroamerica SA was the leader in Costa Rica in 2013 with a 40% value share due to its top-of-mind brands Axe, Rexona and Dove. The international company benefited from offering constant innovation and deep levels of product segmentation through an extensive assortment of alternatives targeted at men and women, which are widely available in most local retailers. Colgate-Palmolive SA de CV was second with a 33% value share due to its popular brands Speed Stick and Lady Speed Stick, which have a traditional top-of-mind positioning due to constant innovation and mass marketing campaigns.
In the forecast period, further development of natural formulated products is expected, which appeals to safety concerns and increasing health awareness amongst local consumers. Certain components, such as rosemary, lavender, verbena and citric fruits, will continue to be relevant over the forecast period while alcohol-free and paraben-free features will become more relevant and interesting for consumers. Gender segmentation is anticipated to become more profound with players addressing the needs of specific genders and focusing further on men's grooming lines. Point of sale promotion is anticipated to become more dynamic with more creative ideas such as appealing gondola heads (glitter teen spirit line).
Discover the latest market trends and uncover sources of future market growth for the Deodorants industry in Costa Rica with research from Euromonitor's team of in-country analysts.
Find hidden opportunities in the most current research data available, understand competitive threats with our detailed market analysis, and plan your corporate strategy with our expert qualitative analysis and growth projections.
If you're in the Deodorants industry in Costa Rica, our research will save you time and money while empowering you to make informed, profitable decisions.
The Deodorants in Costa Rica market research report includes:
- Analysis of key supply-side and demand trends
- Detailed segmentation of international and local products
- Historic volumes and values, company and brand market shares
- Five year forecasts of market trends and market growth
- Robust and transparent market research methodology, conducted in-country
Our market research reports answer questions such as:
- What is the market size of Deodorants in Costa Rica?
- What are the major brands in Costa Rica?
- Which deodorant formats are seeing most dynamic growth?
- What are the key trends in product development?
Reasons to Get this Report
- Gain competitive intelligence about market leaders
- Track key industry trends, opportunities and threats
- Inform your marketing, brand, strategy and market development, sales and supply functions
Product coverage: Deodorant Creams, Deodorant Pumps, Deodorant Roll-Ons, Deodorant Sprays, Deodorant Sticks, Deodorant Wipes.
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is a leading distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff is always available to help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget. For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
Browse all Consumer Goods research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Travel and Tourism in Costa Rica to 2018
- Beauty and Personal Care in Costa Rica
- Retail Tissue in Costa Rica
- Bleach in Costa Rica
- Nappies/Diapers/Pants in Costa Rica
- Dishwashing in Costa Rica
- Irex de Costa Rica SA in Home Care (Costa Rica)
- Laundry Care in Costa Rica
- Costa Rica Tourism Report Q3 2014
- Cotton Wool/Buds/Pads in Costa Rica