Boston, MA -- (ReleaseWire) -- 07/07/2014 -- 2012 was not a dramatic year for deodorants in Georgia. The most significant events were due to changes in distribution channels. More and more consumers preferred to shop at supermarkets and hypermarkets. Hypermarkets doubled its value share in 2012, thanks to Carrefour Georgia's pricing policy. The retailer offered significant discounts and attracted many consumers to purchase deodorants. Chemists/pharmacies and parapharmacies/drugstores also increased their significance due to expanding distribution. At the same time, traditional sales channels such as outdoors markets and independent small grocers lost share. Modern sales channels are more attractive because of the wider product variety and product promotions.
Deodorants was dominated by Unilever Group in 2012, with a 23% value share with its Rexona and Dove brands. It was followed by The Procter & Gamble Co with an 11% value share with its brands Gillette, Secret, Valentino and Boss. L'Oreal Groupe was third, holding a 9% value share with its brand Garnier. Their strong positions are the result of strong marketing support and wide distribution. Years of advertising made the products of these companies positioned in consumers' mind as offering high quality with reasonable prices.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
Rising usage of deodorants, especially in rural areas, is expected in the near future. This growth will be supported by rising incomes and changing perceptions of hygiene, especially amongst men. Manufacturers and retailers will focus on rural areas, in which deodorants is not yet saturated, and will try to advertise products which are more innovative than deodorant sprays, such as deodorant sticks and deodorant roll-ons. In addition, the main focus will be turned to the promotion of the most effective features of deodorants, such as long-lasting effects and leaving no stains on clothing.
Discover the latest market trends and uncover sources of future market growth for the Deodorants industry in Georgia with research from Euromonitor's team of in-country analysts.
Find hidden opportunities in the most current research data available, understand competitive threats with our detailed market analysis, and plan your corporate strategy with our expert qualitative analysis and growth projections.
If you're in the Deodorants industry in Georgia, our research will save you time and money while empowering you to make informed, profitable decisions.
The Deodorants in Georgia market research report includes:
- Analysis of key supply-side and demand trends
- Detailed segmentation of international and local products
- Historic volumes and values, company and brand market shares
- Five year forecasts of market trends and market growth
- Robust and transparent market research methodology, conducted in-country
Our market research reports answer questions such as:
- What is the market size of Deodorants in Georgia?
- What are the major brands in Georgia?
- Which deodorant formats are seeing most dynamic growth?
- What are the key trends in product development?
Reasons to Get this Report
- Gain competitive intelligence about market leaders
- Track key industry trends, opportunities and threats
- Inform your marketing, brand, strategy and market development, sales and supply functions
Product coverage: Deodorant Creams, Deodorant Pumps, Deodorant Roll-Ons, Deodorant Sprays, Deodorant Sticks, Deodorant Wipes.
Data coverage: market sizes (historic and forecasts), company shares, brand shares and distribution data.
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is a leading distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff is always available to help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget. For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
Browse all Consumer Goods research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Anti-Perspirants and Deodorants Market in Austria to 2017
- Anti-Perspirants and Deodorants Market in Mexico to 2017
- Anti-Perspirants and Deodorants Market in Belgium to 2017
- Anti-Perspirants and Deodorants Market in Malaysia to 2017
- Anti-Perspirants and Deodorants Market in the United Kingdom to 2017
- Anti-Perspirants and Deodorants Market in Saudi Arabia to 2017
- Anti-Perspirants and Deodorants Market in Portugal to 2017
- Anti-Perspirants and Deodorants Market in France to 2017
- Anti-Perspirants and Deodorants Market in Denmark to 2017
- Anti-Perspirants and Deodorants Market in New Zealand to 2017