Boston, MA -- (ReleaseWire) -- 06/25/2014 -- The use of deodorants in South Africa continues to be a need for consumers who can afford to buy them rather than a want. This is mainly driven by the hot weather conditions that prevail every summer season in South Africa. Deodorant sprays and roll-ons have been the main drivers for this category where competition is stiff and the market is characterised by a high rate of new product entry by leading manufacturers. Manufacturers are using existing brand names to launch different variants of the same brand hence it is easy for them to launch new products. One good example is the Axe brand in deodorant sprays from Unilever, where they always launch a different variant of the Axe spray.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
Unilever led the category with a 43% value share during the review period. The company continues to dominate due to its wider product portfolio which makes it more probable for a consumer to pick up a Unilever brand each time they go shopping for deodorants. Unilever boasts in the market with its popular brands that include Axe, Shield, Brut and many others. These products are well distributed across the country with their main selling channel being supermarkets where there is more access to consumers of all income streams. Revlon SA Ltd was in second place with 12% value share during the review period, Revlon?s success comes from the fact that it has been in existence for quite some time in South Africa and consumers can easily relate to the brand.
Deodorants are expected to record a 2% CAGR over the forecast period. Growth is likely to be driven by upward unit price adjustments to cater for inflation across the different sub- sectors within deodorants. Demand for deodorants is expected to remain stable over the forecast period although consumers are likely to be shifting choices between brands for various reasons which may include price as well as effectiveness.
Discover the latest market trends and uncover sources of future market growth for the Deodorants industry in South Africa with research from Euromonitor's team of in-country analysts.
Find hidden opportunities in the most current research data available, understand competitive threats with our detailed market analysis, and plan your corporate strategy with our expert qualitative analysis and growth projections.
If you're in the Deodorants industry in South Africa, our research will save you time and money while empowering you to make informed, profitable decisions.
The Deodorants in South Africa market research report includes:
- Analysis of key supply-side and demand trends
- Detailed segmentation of international and local products
- Historic volumes and values, company and brand market shares
- Five year forecasts of market trends and market growth
- Robust and transparent market research methodology, conducted in-country
Our market research reports answer questions such as:
- What is the market size of Deodorants in South Africa?
- What are the major brands in South Africa?
- Which deodorant formats are seeing most dynamic growth?
- What are the key trends in product development?
Reasons to Get this Report
- Gain competitive intelligence about market leaders
- Track key industry trends, opportunities and threats
- Inform your marketing, brand, strategy and market development, sales and supply functions
Product coverage: Deodorant Creams, Deodorant Pumps, Deodorant Roll-Ons, Deodorant Sprays, Deodorant Sticks, Deodorant Wipes.
Data coverage: market sizes (historic and forecasts), company shares, brand shares and distribution data.
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is a leading distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff is always available to help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget. For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
Browse all Consumer Goods research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- The Future of the Personal Hygiene Market in South Africa to 2017: Market Size, Distribution and Brand Share, Key Events and Competitive Landscape
- The Future of the Personal Hygiene Market in South Africa to 2017
- Anti-Perspirants and Deodorants Market in South Africa to 2017
- Deodorants in South Africa (2014) - Market Sizes
- Travel and Tourism in South Africa to 2017
- The Future of the Haircare Market in South Africa to 2017: Market Size, Distribution and Brand Share, Key Events and Competitive Landscape
- Cosmetic and Toiletry Product Market in South Africa to 2017 - Market Size, Trends, and Forecasts, and Market Players
- Cosmetic and Toiletry Product Market in South Africa to 2017 - Market Size, Trends, and Forecasts
- The Future of the Skincare Market in South Africa to 2017: Market Size, Distribution and Brand Share, Key Events and Competitive Landscape
- The Future of the Male Toiletries Market in South Africa to 2017: Market Size, Distribution and Brand Share, Key Events and Competitive Landscape