Boston, MA -- (ReleaseWire) -- 06/20/2014 -- Riding the wave of consumer's rising confidence, direct selling posted a rather positive, and partly unexpected, performance in 2013. While this score is partially inflated by price increases (which affected the whole retailing landscape in 2013), it represented a significant positive confirmation for the channel, following two slightly negative years.
Tupperware Belgium NV led the channel with a 23% value share in 2013, continuously taking advantage of the boom of both party plans and housewares.
Two factors are likely to prevent direct selling from seeing a positive performance over the forecast period: one is legislation, the other is the boom in Internet retailing. While companies and trade associations are lobbying for some of the legislative constraints to be removed (and are likely to succeed, especially as far as payment limits and payment delays are concerned), there is no realistic way to stop the success of Internet retailing. However, as most companies have become multi-players, adding Internet retailing to their selling channels, the boom of e-commerce is likely to more affect the direct selling channel in itself rather than the players involved.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
Discover the latest market trends and uncover sources of future market growth for the Direct Selling industry in Belgium with research from Euromonitor's team of in-country analysts.
Find hidden opportunities in the most current research data available, understand competitive threats with our detailed market analysis, and plan your corporate strategy with our expert qualitative analysis and growth projections.
If you're in the Direct Selling industry in Belgium, our research will save you time and money while empowering you to make informed, profitable decisions.
The Direct Selling in Belgium market research report includes:
- Analysis of key supply-side and demand trends
- Detailed market shares for international and locally-based retailers
- Historic values, company and brand market shares
- Five year forecasts of market trends and market growth
- Robust and transparent market research methodology, conducted in-country
Our market research reports answer questions such as:
- Who are the leading retailers in Belgium?
- How important is direct selling in Belgium?
- How is the direct selling channel being affected by the growth of internet retailing?
- What strategies are direct sellers employing to compete in a multi-channel environment?
Reasons to Get this Report
- Gain competitive intelligence about market leaders
- Track key industry trends, opportunities and threats
- Inform your marketing, brand, strategy and market development, sales and supply functions
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is a leading distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff is always available to help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget. For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
Browse all Retailing research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Direct Selling in Denmark
- Direct Selling in Egypt
- Direct Selling in the US
- Direct Selling in Peru
- Direct Selling in Argentina
- Direct Selling in Colombia
- Direct Selling in Venezuela
- Direct Selling in the United Kingdom
- Direct Selling in Austria
- Direct Selling in Sweden