Boston, MA -- (ReleaseWire) -- 06/24/2014 -- Direct selling registered solid growth in 2013 due to the ongoing popularity of the beauty and personal care products which are offered through direct selling. In addition, strong investment increased production and marketing initiatives by key players such as Herbalife and Amway also contributed to the growth recorded in the category during 2013.
Avon Kozmetik Urunleri Sanayi ve Ticaret AS maintained its leading position in direct selling in Turkey in 2013, thanks mainly to the wide network of direct selling agents it maintains in the cities it covers. In comparison with other direct selling companies operating in Turkey, Avon has wide regional coverage, focusing not only in Turkey's first tier cities such as Istanbul and Ankara but also smaller cities in eastern and central Turkey. Through these representatives, the company has managed to gain a better understanding of local consumer tastes and demands. Avon also began advertising on television from 2009 onwards.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
Direct selling is expected to increase in constant value at a CAGR of 4% over the forecast period. Although this is quite strong growth, it set to be slower than the 7% constant value CAGR recorded in the category over the review period. This is because of recent advancements in store-based retailing in Turkey, particularly with regards to the retailing of beauty and personal care products. Beauty specialist retailers such as Watson's and drugstores/parapharmacies such as Gratis are substantially increasing the number of outlets in their chains and extending their outlet networks to cover all of Turkey's national territory. These companies are also offering branded beauty and personal care products at very affordable prices and offering regular price promotions for branded beauty and personal care products. This is set to have a negative influence on direct selling during the forecast period.
Discover the latest market trends and uncover sources of future market growth for the Direct Selling industry in Turkey with research from Euromonitor's team of in-country analysts.
Find hidden opportunities in the most current research data available, understand competitive threats with our detailed market analysis, and plan your corporate strategy with our expert qualitative analysis and growth projections.
If you're in the Direct Selling industry in Turkey, our research will save you time and money while empowering you to make informed, profitable decisions.
The Direct Selling in Turkey market research report includes:
- Analysis of key supply-side and demand trends
- Detailed market shares for international and locally-based retailers
- Historic values, company and brand market shares
- Five year forecasts of market trends and market growth
- Robust and transparent market research methodology, conducted in-country
Our market research reports answer questions such as:
- Who are the leading retailers in Turkey?
- How important is direct selling in Turkey?
- How is the direct selling channel being affected by the growth of internet retailing?
- What strategies are direct sellers employing to compete in a multi-channel environment?
Reasons to Get this Report
- Gain competitive intelligence about market leaders
- Track key industry trends, opportunities and threats
- Inform your marketing, brand, strategy and market development, sales and supply functions
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is a leading distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff is always available to help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget. For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
Browse all Retailing research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Direct Selling in Denmark
- Direct Selling in Egypt
- Direct Selling in the US
- Direct Selling in Peru
- Direct Selling in Argentina
- Direct Selling in Colombia
- Direct Selling in Venezuela
- Direct Selling in the United Kingdom
- Direct Selling in Austria
- Direct Selling in Sweden