Boston, MA -- (ReleaseWire) -- 10/03/2012 -- The Portuguese economic crunch continued to impact DIY, home improvement and garden centres in the country during 2011 as household budgets remained tight. The diminishing housing market led some consumers towards improving their existing homes rather than move, especially as there was also a decline in new builds. Overall, however, the channel recorded a 1% fall in total value sales with demand turning to special offers and only essential purchases.
Euromonitor International's DIY, Home Improvement and Garden Centres in Portugal report offers insight into key trends and developments driving the industry. The report examines all retail channels to provide sector insight. Channels include hypermarkets, supermarkets, discounters, convenience stores, mixed retailers, health and beauty retailers, clothing and footwear retailers, furniture and furnishing stores, DIY and hardware stores, durable goods retailers, leisure and personal goods retailers. There are profiles of leading retailers, with analysis of their performance and the challenges they face. There is also analysis of non-store retailing: vending; homeshopping; internet retailing; direct selling, as available.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
Data coverage: market sizes (historic and forecasts), company shares, brand shares and distribution data.
Reasons to Get this Report
- Get a detailed picture of the DIY, Home Improvement and Garden Centres market;
- Pinpoint growth sectors and identify factors driving change;
- Understand the competitive environment, the market's major players and leading brands;
- Use five-year forecasts to assess how the market is predicted to develop.
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is an online aggregator and distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff will help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget. For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
Browse all Retailing research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- DIY, Home Improvement and Garden Centres in Japan
- Diy, Home Improvement and Garden Centres in Denmark
- DIY, Home Improvement and Garden Centres in the United Kingdom
- DIY, Home Improvement and Garden Centres in Turkey
- DIY, Home Improvement and Garden Centres in Morocco
- DIY, Home Improvement and Garden Centres in the Netherlands
- DIY, Home Improvement and Garden Centres in Germany
- Diy, Home Improvement and Garden Centres in China
- DIY, Home Improvement and Garden Centres in Thailand
- DIY, Home Improvement and Garden Centres in Hungary