Boston, MA -- (ReleaseWire) -- 02/28/2014 -- Food Encapsulation Market by Technology (Microencapsulation, Macroencapsulation, Nanoencapsulation, Hybrid) by Shell Materials (Hydrocolloids, Lipids, Polymers, Melts) by Core Phase (Vitamins, Minerals, Probiotics, Colors, Flavors & Essence) - Global Trends & Forecasts to 2018
The primary factor driving the growth of the food encapsulation market is the rise in demand for functional foods which offer intended health benefits. This report estimates the market size of the food encapsulation market in terms of value. Bakery & confectionery, dairy & frozen desserts, convenience foods, functional foods, beverages, and meat, poultry & seafood are the key applications for encapsulation. In terms of geography, the report is segmented into Asia-Pacific, Europe, North America, and Rest of the World (ROW). The food encapsulation market is broadly divided on the basis of shell materials, core phase, and technology. With the increasing penchant for product aesthetics and taste, the market is likely to witness substantial growth in the coming years.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
Food encapsulation is an imperative segment of food processing as it aids in protecting and extending the shelf life of end products. Food encapsulation can be used to deliver an optimum taste, flavor, and color, appetizing nutritive value, and offering better shelf life. Each technology type is used by deploying various application techniques subjective to characteristics intended to impart by the food ingredients and the technical feasibility. In terms of application, functional food products remain the leading market for encapsulation. The meat, seafood & poultry market is set to exhibit rapid gains, due to advances in processed meat & seafood products.
The companies enjoying significant market share are Balchem Corporation (U.S.), LycoRed Ltd. (Israel), Symrise AG (Germany), Sensient Technologies Corporation (U.S.), International Flavors and Fragrances Inc. (U.S.), etc. Existing dominant players are leveraging their innovative capabilities and customer relations to commercialize novel products and increase adoption by key industry players. Top six players in the food encapsulation industry held a market share of around 20% signifying participation of a large number of players in this market.
FOOD ENCAPSULATION MARKET VALUE, BY SHELL MATERIAL,
2013 VS. 2018 ($MILLION)
Source: MarketsandMarkets Analysis
Companies Mentioned in this Report: ABCO LABORATORIES INC, ADVANCED BIONUTRITION CORP, BALCHEM CORPORATION, CAPSULAE, INTERNATIONAL FLAVORS & FRAGRANCES INC., LIPO TECHNOLOGIES INC., LYCORED LTD., NATIONAL ENZYME COMPANY, SENSIENT TECHNOLOGIES CORPORATION, SYMRISE AG
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is a leading distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff is always available to help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget. For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
Browse all Food research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Food Enzymes Market By Types (Carbohydrase, Protease, Lipase), Applications (Beverages, Dairy, Bakery), Sources (Microorganisms, Plants, Animals) & Geography - Global Trends & Forecasts To 2018
- Food Texture Market by Functionalities, Applications & Geography - Global Trends & Forecasts to 2018
- Sugar Substitute Market - By Types (HFS, HIS & LIS), Subtypes (Stevia, Sorbitol, Tagatose, Aspartame, Saccharine, Sucralose, Xylitol & Others) & Applications (Healthcare & Personal Care, Beverage & Food) - Global Trends, Forecasts to 2018
- Acidulants Market: Global Trends and Forecasts up to 2018
- Gluten-Free Products Market By Type (Bakery & Confectionery, Snacks, Breakfast Cereals, Baking Mixes & Flour, Meat & Poultry Products), Sales Channel (Natural & Conventional) & Geography - Global Trends & Forecasts To 2018
- Nutraceutical Ingredients Marke - Global Trends & Forecasts to 2018
- Processed Meat & Meat Processing Equipment Market - Global Trends & Forecasts to 2018
- Sodium Reduction Market By Ingredients (Amino Acids, Mineral Salts, Yeast Extracts), Applications (Dairy & Frozen Foods, Bakery & Confectionary, Meat Products, Sauces, Seasonings & Snacks) & Geography - Global Trends & Forecasts To 2018
- Food Emulsifiers Market - Global Trends & Forecast To 2018
- Packaged Food in Hungary