Boston, MA -- (ReleaseWire) -- 06/27/2014 -- Since our last update, the outlook for France has shown some modest signs of early improvement, although the economy is still lagging substantially behind regional peers. The outlook for French households did not improve significantly over Q114, however, with unemployment continuing its steady ascent to record highs. While consumer confidence has risen in recent readings, we see few fundamental factors supporting this growing optimism. Food retail sales picked up momentarily in March , but weak consumer confidence indicates that the sector will continue to experience weakness in the near term. Still, the importance of the food industry for the economy and the fact that France is one of the few European countries with a growing, young population will leave food consumption growth relatively steady over the coming years.
Headline Industry Data (local currency)
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
- 2014 per capita food consumption = +0.8%; forecast compound annual growth rate (CAGR) to 2018 = +0.8%.
- 2014 alcoholic drink value sales = +0.4%; forecast CAGR to 2018 = +0.5%.
- 2014 soft drink value sales = +2.6%; forecast CAGR to 2018 = +2.6%.
- 2014 mass grocery retail sales = +2.5%; forecast CAGR to 2018 = +2.5%.
Danone Set To Acquire Sutton Group And Gardians: France-based food company Danone has signed an agreement to acquire New Zealand dairy processing firms Sutton Group and Gardians for an undisclosed amount, reports The Wall Street Journal. The move comes as the New Zealand dairy industry negotiates with the Chinese dairy sector over a raft of new Chinese infant formula regulations. The new regulations were to be implemented from May 1 and are aimed at strengthening food standards. The deal is subject to regulatory approval.
No Bid For R?my In Near Term In Spite Of Interest: Weakness in recent quarterly results is making spirits firm R?my Cointreau an attractive acquisition target for drink companies because of its relatively smaller size, but also because of its rapid...
The France Food & Drink Report features Business Monitor International (BMI)'s market assessment and independent forecasts for food and drink expenditure, consumption, sales, and imports/exports and forecasts for the mass grocery retail sector. The report also includes analyses of major regulatory developments, the background macroeconomic outlook and competitive landscape comparing national and multinational companies by leading products and services, sales, investments, partners and expansion strategies.
BMI's France Food & Drink Report provides industry professionals and strategists, sector analysts, business investors, trade associations and regulatory bodies with independent forecasts and competitive intelligence on the food and drink industry and the mass grocery retail market in France.
- Benchmark BMI's independent food and drink industry forecasts for France to test other views - a key input for successful budgeting and strategic business planning in the French food and drink market.
- Target business opportunities and risks in France through our reviews of latest industry trends, regulatory changes and major deals, projects and investments.
- Exploit latest competitive intelligence on your competitors, partners and clients via our Company Profiles (inc. SWOTs, KPIs and latest activity) and Competitive Landscape Tables.
BMI Industry View
Summary of BMI's key industry forecasts, and views, covering food and drink manufacturing and consumption and the retail market.
Business Environment Ratings
BMI's Food & Drink Business Environment Ratings provide a country-comparative Risk-Reward Ratings index aimed at investors, food and drink manufacturers and mass grocery retailers.
The ratings methodology makes sophisticated use of over 40 industry, economic and demographic data points.
Industry SWOT Analysis
Analysis of the major Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats within the food, drink and mass grocery retail sectors, and within the broader political, economic and business environment.
BMI's food chapter is divided into sections such as Meat, Fish, Confectionary, Dairy and Canned Foods, and provides insight into a market's food industry, centred on a forecast to end-2018 for the sector. The chapter includes the following elements:
Industry Forecast Scenario - Historical data series and forecasts to end-2018 for growth of key indicators within a market's food industry. Including consumption, food consumption as % of GDP, canned food sales, confectionery sales and food and drink imports and exports, among others.
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is a leading distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff is always available to help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget. For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
Browse all Food research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Mexico Food & Drink Report Q3 2014
- Kuwait Food & Drink Report Q3 2014
- Slovenia Food & Drink Report Q3 2014
- Bahrain Food & Drink Report Q3 2014
- Chile Food & Drink Report Q3 2014
- Germany Food & Drink Report Q3 2014
- Hungary Food & Drink Report Q3 2014
- Turkey Food & Drink Report Q3 2014
- United Kingdom Food & Drink Report Q3 2014
- Serbia Food & Drink Report Q3 2014