San Francisco, CA -- (ReleaseWire) -- 02/27/2014 -- The global market for activated carbon is expected to reach USD 5,305.0 million by 2020, according to a new study by Grand View Research, Inc. Increasing activated carbon applications for mercury removal in coal-fired power plants, coupled with MATS regulatory standards set by the EPA and similar regulations by REACH is expected to drive activated carbon demand over the next six years. Fluctuating coal prices have been a key challenge for market participants, spurring the use of coconut-shell charcoal and wood as substitute raw materials to main profitability and supply. In terms of volume, the market was estimated at 1,254 kilo tons in 2012 and is expected to grow at a CAGR of 11.7% from 2014 to 2020.
Powdered activated carbon (PAC) dominated the global market in 2012, accounting for over 54% of total volumes in 2012. PAC outlook is expected to be strong over the next six years, due to growing demand from drinking water treatment and mercury removal applications. The market for granular activated carbon (GAC) is estimated to reach USD 1,932.4 million by 2020, growing at a CAGR of 12.6% from 2014 to 2020.
The report “Activated Carbon Market Analysis and Segment Forecasts to 2020,” is available now to Grand View Research customers and can also be purchased directly at http://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/activated-carbon-market
Further key findings from the study suggest:
- Global activated carbon market demand was estimated at USD 2,006.6 million in 2012 and is expected to grow at a CAGR of 13.3% from 2014 to 2020.
- Liquid phase applications dominated the global market in 2012, accounting for over 55% of total activated carbon demand. However, demand from gas phase applications is expected to grow at a CAGR of 12.8% from 2014 to 2020.
- Water treatment and air purification industries dominated the global market, together accounting for over 77% of activated carbon volumes in 2012. Air purification activated carbon market revenue is expected to reach USD 2,247.4 million by 2020, growing at a CAGR of 15.1% from 2014 to 2020.
- Asia Pacific is expected to be the fastest growing regional market over the next six years, with market revenues expected to reach USD 2,096.0 million in 2020, growing at a CAGR of 14.3% from 2014 to 2020.
Direct Link for Sample Request of this Report - http://www.grandviewresearch.com/request/220
- The global market is highly competitive and consolidated, and the top three companies accounted for over 60% of global demand in 2013. Key market participants include Calgon Carbon Corporation, Cabot Corporation, Meadwestvaco Corporation, Carbon Resources LLC, CarboTech and Haycarb PLC.
For the purpose of this study, Grand View Research has segmented the global activated carbon market on the basis of product, application, end-use and region:
- Global Activated Carbon Product Outlook (Volume, Kilo Tons and Revenue, USD Million, 2012 - 2020)
- Global Activated Carbon Application Outlook (Volume, Kilo Tons and Revenue, USD Million, 2012 - 2020)
- Liquid Phase
- Gas Phase
- Global Activated Carbon End-Use Outlook (Volume, Kilo Tons and Revenue, USD Million, 2012 - 2020)
- Water Treatment
- Food & Beverages
- Air Purification
- Activated Carbon Regional Outlook (Volume, Kilo Tons and Revenue, USD Million, 2012 - 2020)
- North America
- Asia Pacific
Browse All Reports of Specialty & Fine Chemicals Market @ http://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry/specialty-and-fine-chemicals
About Grand View Research
Grand View Research, Inc. is a market research and consulting company that provides off-the-shelf, customized research reports and consulting services. To help clients make informed business decisions, we offer market intelligence studies ensuring relevant and fact-based research across a range of industries, from technology to chemicals, materials and energy. With a deep-seated understanding of varied business environments, Grand View Research provides strategic objective insights. For more information, visit - http://www.grandviewresearch.com
Corporate Sales Specialist, USA
Grand View Research, Inc
Toll Free: 1-888-202-9519
Latest Market Research:
Omega 3 Market Analysis And Segment Forecasts To 2020 - http://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/omega-3-market
Microscopes Market Analysis and Segment Forecasts To 2020 - http://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/Microscopes-Industry