Boston, MA -- (ReleaseWire) -- 01/29/2014 -- Hong Kong remains an attractive consumer electronics market due to high incomes and strong demand for the latest products. However, spending growth on consumer electronics devices slowed in 2012 and 2013 due to a combination of a weaker economic environment, price erosion and high penetration of devices in key markets. Countering some of the impact of high penetration rates are the short replacement cycles in key product categories such as smartphones and tablets, helping spending growth to stay in positive territory and BMI estimates total spending increased 5.7% in US dollar terms in 2013 to reach US$4.45bn. There is, however, downside risk to this scenario from the negative wealth effect of any cooling in property prices that would hit consumer confidence.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is an online aggregator and distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff will help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget. For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
Browse all Consumer Goods research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Chile Consumer Electronics Report Q1 2014
- Bahrain Consumer Electronics Report Q1 2014
- Argentina Consumer Electronics Report Q1 2014
- Turkey Consumer Electronics Report Q1 2014
- Hungary Consumer Electronics Report Q1 2014
- South Africa Consumer Electronics Report Q1 2014
- Oman Consumer Electronics Report Q1 2014
- Israel Consumer Electronics Report Q1 2014
- Bulgaria Consumer Electronics Report Q1 2014
- Indonesia Consumer Electronics Report Q1 2014