Boston, MA -- (ReleaseWire) -- 05/20/2014 -- 'India: Regulatory Changes Coupled with Industry Consolidation Will Unlock New Growth Stage', a new Country Intelligence Report by Pyramid Research, offers a precise, incisive profile of India's mobile and fixed telecommunications and pay-TV markets based on comprehensive proprietary data and insights from our research in the India market. Published annually, this presentation-quality, executive-level report provides a comprehensive study of the Indian telecommunication market by analyzing trends, near-term opportunities, competitive dynamics and evolution of demand by service type and technology/platform across the fixed telephony and broadband, mobile and pay-TV sectors, as well as key regulatory trends.
- India's mobile market, with penetration at 71.6%, generated $30.6bn in service revenue in 2013, while fixed services, including pay-TV, brought in $9.4bn.
- The National Telecom Policy 2012 ensures steady and ample supply of spectrum, coupled with favorable MandA guidelines and mobile operators ready to consolidate, the Indian mobile market is set to drive India as the only Asia Pacific market to register a double-digit CAGR in service revenue growth from 2013 to 2018.
- India is the world's largest prepaid market, with 841m prepaid subscriptions that account for 94.9% of total mobile subscriptions. After mobile subscriptions suffered a net decline in 2012 due to the cancellation of 2G licenses, the intensity of price competition has subsided and pricing power has partly returned to the operators. Together with the rise of mobile data consumption, we expect the mobile ARPS in India to climb to $4 in 2018 from $2.91 at the end of 2013.
- Reliance Jio participated actively in the recent 900/1800MHz auction to add mobile voice to its nationwide LTE spectrum holding. We believe it is also seeking an acquisition to gain its own nationwide mobile voice network.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
"India: Regulatory Changes Coupled with Industry Consolidation Will Unlock New Growth Stage" provides an executive-level overview of the telecommunications market in India today, with detailed forecasts of key indicators up to 2018. It delivers deep quantitative and qualitative insight into India's telecom market, analyzing key trends, evaluating near-term opportunities and assessing risk factors, based on proprietary data from Pyramid Research's databases.
The Country Intelligence Report provides in-depth analysis of the following:
- India in a regional context: this section includes comparisons of the market size and market trends such as its CAGR with that of other countries in Emerging Asia, including Pakistan and Afghanistan.
Companies Mentioned in this Report: Bharti Airtel, Vodafone, Idea, Reliance, Tata, BSNL, Dish.
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is a leading distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff is always available to help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget. For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
Browse all Fixed Networks research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Global Food and Beverage Survey 2013-2014 - Market Trends, Buyer Spend and Procurement Strategies in the Global Food and Beverage Industry
- Life Insurance in China, Key Trends and Opportunities to 2017
- Global Food and Beverage Survey 2013-2014 - Market Trends, Marketing Spend and Sales Strategies in the Global Food and Beverage Industry
- Global Beverage Survey 2013-2014 - Market Trends, Marketing Spend and Sales Strategies in the Global Beverage Industry
- Global Beverage Survey 2013-2014 - Market Trends, Buyer Spend and Procurement Strategies in the Global Beverage Industry
- Life Insurance in Colombia, Key Trends and Opportunities to 2017
- Global Food Industry Survey 2013-2014 - Market Trends, Marketing Spend and Sales Strategies in the Global Food Industry
- Global LNG Industry, 2013 - Investment Opportunities, Analysis and Forecasts of All Active and Planned Liquefaction and Regasification Terminals to 2017
- Life Insurance in Russia, Key Trends and Opportunities to 2017
- Life Insurance in India, Key Trends and Opportunities to 2017