Boston, MA -- (ReleaseWire) -- 04/21/2014 -- Customer satisfaction has always been a priority for banks and payment companies. With the advancement of technology, rising competition and changing consumer preferences, it has become even more important to have effective customer service and relationship management (CRM) to retain existing customers as well as acquire new ones.
Companies have adopted a number of best practices, including strengthening existing CRM platforms and installing new ones, managing contact center operations effectively, offering customized products and pricing at an individual level, and using online and social networking platforms to address customers' complaints.
Banks and payment companies have adopted CRM applications to improve customer services and provide suitable products, indicating a positive outlook for successfully understanding customers. Companies in the Americas and Europe were early adopters of CRM applications, and are using them as a platform to develop new products.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
- To offer a consistent banking experience and customer service, banks and payment companies must ensure that they establish adequate customer service channels in both banked and unbanked areas to interact with customers and provide assistance in conducting banking transactions.
- To improve the banking experience and provide customers with appropriate products, banks and other payment companies are integrating CRM applications into their IT systems. An effective CRM system enables organizations to understand customer requirements, and manage and address issues and queries efficiently.
- Social CRM is an initiative adopted by various organizations and financial institutions to help understand customers and provide appropriate solutions. Banks and payment companies set up accounts and profiles on social platforms such as Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn to address customers' issues, complaints and feedback.
- Banks and payment companies have developed mobile phone applications that allow customers to access their accounts and make online transactions, giving rise to the concept of 'omni-channel' banking where banks can provide customers with a single view of their finances using a mobile device.
- This report provides insights into best practices adopted by banks and payment companies to ensure optimal customer service in the cards and payments industry.
Companies Mentioned in this Report: American Express, Bank of America, Wells Fargo, Citibank, Barclays, Halifax, HDFC Bank, ICICI Bank, Russian Standard Bank, Starbucks, Westpac, FirstOntario Credit Union, DNB Bankas, PayPal, U.S. Bank, BBVA, CIMB Bank, Axis Bank, Turkish Economy Bank, HSBC
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is a leading distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff is always available to help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget. For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
Browse all Financial Services research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- 2020 Foresight Report: Best Practices in Card Outsourcing
- 2020 Foresight Report: Best Practices in Managing the Credit Risk Cycle
- 2020 Foresight Report: Maximizing Retail Banking Cost Efficiencies
- 2020 Foresight Report: Branch Network Development in a Multi-Channel World
- 2020 Foresight Report: Post Office Financial Services
- Wealth in Chile: HNW Customers
- 2020 Foresight Report: Social Media in Wealth Management
- Wealth in Hong Kong: HNW Customers
- 2020 Foresight Report: Mobile Point of Sale Technology
- Wealth in the UK: HNW Customers