Boston, MA -- (ReleaseWire) -- 06/24/2014 -- 2013 was a very good year for internet retailing in Romanian with online payments increasing considerably. Although in 2012, for instance, the majority of consumers preferred to order products online while demanding an upon delivery payment, the high level of penetration and the rebound of the Romanian economy strengthened consumers' confidence in online payment methods. Product range diversity was also an important factor that stimulated growth with consumers looking for various promotional advantages.
eMAG from Dante International SA continued to lead in terms of online sales with value share of 33% in 2013. The large variety of products as well as the company's satisfactory quality products contributed heavily to the number of sales. One other point that reinforced the online retailers' position is the fact that its strategy is focused only on selling online which allows the reduction of costs of personnel and to focus on strategies that would increase the number of clients, while at the same time improving its services. For instance, the delivering system was improved by introducing the possibility of checking the product before accepting it from the courier, with consumers paying either upon delivery or online by credit cards.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
Internet retailing is expected to increase both in constant value terms with a CAGR of 11% for the forecast period and in terms of players, with more and more small players emerging at the bottom of the ranking. The evolution of the main competitor is set to increase as the online outlets are increasing in efficiency with more and more customers switching to online shopping.
Discover the latest market trends and uncover sources of future market growth for the Internet Retailing industry in Romania with research from Euromonitor's team of in-country analysts.
Find hidden opportunities in the most current research data available, understand competitive threats with our detailed market analysis, and plan your corporate strategy with our expert qualitative analysis and growth projections.
If you're in the Internet Retailing industry in Romania, our research will save you time and money while empowering you to make informed, profitable decisions.
The Internet Retailing in Romania market research report includes:
- Analysis of key supply-side and demand trends
- Detailed market shares for international and locally-based retailers
- Historic volumes and values, company and brand market shares
- Five year forecasts of market trends and market growth
- Robust and transparent market research methodology, conducted in-country
Our market research reports answer questions such as:
- Who are the leading retailers in Romania?
- How quickly is internet retailing growing in Romania?
- What products are selling best over the internet?
- Which internet sites are attracting the most sales?
Reasons to Get this Report
- Gain competitive intelligence about market leaders
- Track key industry trends, opportunities and threats
- Inform your marketing, brand, strategy and market development, sales and supply functions
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is a leading distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff is always available to help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget. For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
Browse all Retailing research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Retailing in France
- Leisure and Personal Goods Specialist Retailers in Peru
- Internet Retailing in France
- Internet Retailing in Denmark
- Internet Retailing in the US
- Internet Retailing in New Zealand
- Internet Retailing in South Korea
- Retailing in Austria
- Internet Retailing in Turkey
- Retailing in New Zealand