Boston, MA -- (ReleaseWire) -- 07/28/2014 -- South Africans are increasingly responding well to products deemed to provide health benefits across all juice categories. Manufacturers are adding more healthy products to their existing ranges as a way to remain highly competitive.
The cost of juice however, remains fairly high to lower LSM consumers whose families are often characterized by large numbers of people, and such groups often resort to cheaper soft drinks such as carbonates. Manufacturers are however responding well to the increased need for cheaper juice that caters for big families as seen by the increased presence of larger plastic containers, holding up to four liters of juice. The larger containers are often much cheaper when compared with the smaller containers in the 500ml to one liter range.
The GBO Pioneer Food Group Ltd remained highly dominant in juice in South Africa during 2013. The company's success is driven by its subsidiary company brands such as Ceres and Liqui-Fruit which have become household names in the juice industry in South Africa due to their broad distribution networks which ensure that the brands are highly visible on the shelves in most retail outlets. Pioneer Food's brands are highly dominant in 100% reconstituted juice where they command a share of over 50% in volume terms.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
Juice consumption levels in South Africa are expected to increase over the forecast period as more consumers continue to respond well to the health and wellness positioning of juice products. Increased access to information through sources such as the internet is expected to play a major role in increasing consumer awareness in terms of healthy eating as well as healthy products on offer across the juice category. The expected growth in the consumer middle class population is likely to be one of the key drivers for increased demand for juice.
Discover the latest market trends and uncover sources of future market growth for the Fruit/Vegetable Juice industry in South Africa with research from Euromonitor's team of in-country analysts.
Find hidden opportunities in the most current research data available, understand competitive threats with our detailed market analysis, and plan your corporate strategy with our expert qualitative analysis and growth projections.
If you're in the Fruit/Vegetable Juice industry in South Africa, our research will save you time and money while empowering you to make informed, profitable decisions.
The Fruit/Vegetable Juice in South Africa market research report includes
- Analysis of key supply-side and demand trends
- Detailed segmentation of international and local products
- Historic volumes and values, company and brand market shares
- Five year forecasts of market trends and market growth
- Robust and transparent market research methodology, conducted in-country
Our market research reports answer questions such as
- What is the market size of Fruit/Vegetable Juice in South Africa?
- What are the major brands in South Africa?
- What are the flavour trends in fruit juice and vegetable juice?
- What is the market share of smoothies in the 100% juice sector? Have there been any new product launches in the last year?
- What is the key on-trade distribution for fruit juice and vegetable juice in South Africa?
Reasons to Get this Report
- Gain competitive intelligence about market leaders
- Track key industry trends, opportunities and threats
- Inform your marketing, brand, strategy and market development, sales and supply functions
Product coverage: 100% Juice, Cereal/Pulse-based Drinks, Fruit-Flavoured Drinks (No Juice Content), Juice Drinks (up to 24% Juice), Nectars (25-99% Juice).
Data coverage: market sizes (historic and forecasts), company shares, brand shares and distribution data.
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is a leading distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff is always available to help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget. For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
Browse all Beverages research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports
- Fruit and Vegetable Juice Market in South Africa to 2018 - Market Size, Trends, and Forecasts
- Global Juice Report 2013
- Juice in South Africa (2013) - Market Sizes
- The Future of the Wine Market in South Africa to 2017: Market Size, Distribution and Brand Share, Key Events and Competitive Landscape
- Fruit and Vegetable Juice Markets in Africa to 2018 - Market Size, Trends, and Forecasts
- Fruit/Vegetable Juice in South Africa
- The Future of the Spirits Market in South Africa to 2017: Market Size, Distribution and Brand Share, Key Events and Competitive Landscape
- Soft Drinks in South Africa
- Fruit and Vegetable Juice Market in South Korea to 2018 - Market Size, Trends, and Forecasts
- Construction and Mining Machinery Market in South Africa to 2018 - Market Size, Trends, and Forecasts