Boston, MA -- (ReleaseWire) -- 07/01/2014 -- The health trend has driven many consumers away from carbonates as most of these drinks are renowned for their high content of calories, sugar and artificial ingredients. Additionally, flavoured bottled water is becoming a common substitute for carbonates. This led to a 1% decline in off-trade volume sales in 2012 but stagnation in value terms.
Coca-Cola Austria GmbH remained the leader in carbonates in 2012 with a 48% off-trade volume share, largely based on sales of cola carbonates. Despite any health concerns, the Coca-Cola brand continues to enjoy strong brand awareness and loyalty among Austrian consumers. Its marketing campaigns help to maintain consumer interest in its products.
Due to a lack of genuinely healthy carbonates innovations and reduced-sugar versions with the same taste as conventional variants, off-trade volume sales of carbonates are likely to contract further over the forecast period, with the category anticipated a CAGR decline of 1%. Carbonates will likely lose further sales to other categories such as RTD tea and flavoured bottled water. As the health trend has been present in Austria for several years, this forecast decline in off-trade volume sales will simply be a continuation of an ongoing trend.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
Discover the latest market trends and uncover sources of future market growth for the Carbonates industry in Austria with research from Euromonitor's team of in-country analysts.
Find hidden opportunities in the most current research data available, understand competitive threats with our detailed market analysis, and plan your corporate strategy with our expert qualitative analysis and growth projections.
If you're in the Carbonates industry in Austria, our research will save you time and money while empowering you to make informed, profitable decisions.
The Carbonates in Austria market research report includes:
- Analysis of key supply-side and demand trends
- Detailed segmentation of international and local products
- Historic volumes and values, company and brand market shares
- Five year forecasts of market trends and market growth
- Robust and transparent market research methodology, conducted in-country
Our market research reports answer questions such as:
- What is the market size of Carbonates in Austria?
- What are the major brands in Austria?
- Who are the key consumers of carbonates in Austria?
- How do premium vs. standard vs. economy brands compete for sales and market share?
- How does the sales performance of domestic manufacturers compare to international brands/manufacturers?
Reasons to Get this Report
- Gain competitive intelligence about market leaders
- Track key industry trends, opportunities and threats
- Inform your marketing, brand, strategy and market development, sales and supply functions
Product coverage: Cola Carbonates, Non-Cola Carbonates.
Data coverage: market sizes (historic and forecasts), company shares, brand shares and distribution data.
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is a leading distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff is always available to help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget. For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
Browse all Beverages research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Carbonates in Denmark
- Carbonates in Mexico
- Carbonates in Norway
- Carbonates Market in Asia to 2019: Market Guide
- Carbonates Market in MENA to 2019: Market Guide
- Carbonates Market in East Europe to 2019: Market Guide
- Carbonates Market in Latin America to 2019: Market Guide
- Carbonates Market in West Europe to 2019: Market Guide
- Carbonates in Lithuania
- Carbonates in Germany