Boston, MA -- (ReleaseWire) -- 07/09/2014 -- Direct selling recorded current value growth of 3% in 2013, but this was weaker growth than in the previous year. Food and drink direct selling continued to lead with 9% current value growth, while beauty and personal care direct selling recorded a weaker performance than in 2012, but still recorded current value growth of 7%. These two categories accounted for a 63% value share of direct selling in 2013, an increase on the 61% in 2012.
Amway Korea Co maintained the leading position within direct selling with a 15% value share in 2013, even though its value share dropped marginally. Its value sales increased by only 2% due to a weak performance within cosmetics. The company mainly distributes premium cosmetic brands, which were negatively affected by mass-sales (road shop) brands.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
Sales through direct selling are expected to increase at a CAGR of 2% at constant 2013 prices over the forecast period. Fast growth of internet retailing channel, which benefit from convenience, will have an effect on the direct selling industry recording lower growth rate than 2012.
Discover the latest market trends and uncover sources of future market growth for the Direct Selling industry in South Korea with research from Euromonitor's team of in-country analysts.
Find hidden opportunities in the most current research data available, understand competitive threats with our detailed market analysis, and plan your corporate strategy with our expert qualitative analysis and growth projections.
If you're in the Direct Selling industry in South Korea, our research will save you time and money while empowering you to make informed, profitable decisions.
The Direct Selling in South Korea market research report includes:
- Analysis of key supply-side and demand trends
- Detailed market shares for international and locally-based retailers
- Historic values, company and brand market shares
- Five year forecasts of market trends and market growth
- Robust and transparent market research methodology, conducted in-country
Our market research reports answer questions such as:
- Who are the leading retailers in South Korea?
- How important is direct selling in South Korea?
- How is the direct selling channel being affected by the growth of internet retailing?
- What strategies are direct sellers employing to compete in a multi-channel environment?
Reasons to Get this Report
- Gain competitive intelligence about market leaders
- Track key industry trends, opportunities and threats
- Inform your marketing, brand, strategy and market development, sales and supply functions
Product coverage: Apparel and Footwear Direct Selling, Beauty and Personal Care Direct Selling, Consumer Appliances Direct Selling, Consumer Electronics and Consoles Direct selling, Consumer Healthcare Direct Selling, Food and Drink Direct Selling, Home Care Direct Selling, Home Improvement and Gardening Direct Selling, Housewares and Home Furnishings Direct Selling, Media Products Direct Selling, Other Direct Selling, Traditional Toys and Games Direct Selling.
Data coverage: market sizes (historic and forecasts), company shares, brand shares and distribution data.
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is a leading distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff is always available to help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget. For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
Browse all Retailing research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Direct Selling in South Africa
- Retailing in South Korea
- Retailing in South Africa
- Direct Selling in Russia
- Direct Selling in Japan
- Direct Selling in India
- Direct Selling in Finland
- Direct Selling in the United Arab Emirates
- Direct Selling in Spain
- Direct Selling in Denmark