Boston, MA -- (ReleaseWire) -- 06/19/2014 -- Global Books industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market size (value 2009-13, and forecast to 2018). The profile also contains descriptions of the leading players including key financial metrics and analysis of competitive pressures within the market. Essential resource for top-line data and analysis covering the Global books market. Includes market size and segmentation data, textual and graphical analysis of market growth trends, leading companies and macroeconomic information.
- The physical segment of the books market includes atlases, dictionaries, encyclopedias, text books, guidebooks, musical scores, maps, fiction and non-fiction. The digital segment of the books market consists of electronic books (or e-books) which can be read on computers or other electronic devices. The market is valued at retail selling price (RSP) with any currency conversions calculated using constant annual average 2013 exchange rates.
- The global books market had total revenues of $119bn in 2013, representing a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 1.7% between 2009 and 2013.
- The physical segment was the market's most lucrative in 2013, with total revenues of $110.4bn, equivalent to 93.0% of the market's overall value.
- The performance of the market is forecast to accelerate, with an anticipated CAGR of 2.7% for the five-year period 2013 - 2018, which is expected to drive the market to a value of $136.0bn by the end of 2018.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
Save time carrying out entry-level research by identifying the size, growth, major segments, and leading players in the books market in the global
Use the Five Forces analysis to determine the competitive intensity and therefore attractiveness of the globalbooks market
Leading company profiles reveal details of key books market players' global operations and financial performance
Add weight to presentations and pitches by understanding the future growth prospects of the Global books market with five year forecasts
Key Questions Answered
What was the size of the Global books market by value in 2013?
What will be the size of the Global books market in 2018?
What factors are affecting the strength of competition in the Global books market?
How has the market performed over the last five years?
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is a leading distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff is always available to help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget. For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
Browse all Publishing research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Books: Global Industry Guide
- Global Publishing
- Global Books
- Global Digital Media - Online and Mobile Entertainment are Key Drivers
- The Future of Global Retailing to 2017
- Global Other Specialist Retailers Market Size and Forecast to 2017
- Global Hypermarkets, Supermarkets and Hard-Discounters Market Size and Forecast to 2017
- Global Value, Variety Stores and General Merchandise Retailers Market Size and Forecast to 2017
- Global Department Stores Market Size and Forecast to 2017
- Global Online Retailing Market Size and Forecast to 2017