Boston, MA -- (ReleaseWire) -- 06/20/2014 -- Health authorities, doctors, nutritional experts and media are largely sceptical in their attitudes towards vitamins and dietary supplements in Denmark. Official recommendations state that Danes with a normal lifestyle and normal nutritional habits take in sufficient vitamins, minerals, and omega fatty acids to avoid health problems. Hence, the health benefits of vitamins and dietary supplements are indirectly questioned. Moreover, clinical research has raised a debate, if vitamins and dietary supplements may not in fact be harmful, a debate which media has willingly offered intense attention to. Having this cultural environment in mind, vitamins and dietary supplements could in general consider it a success, that vitamins and dietary supplements penetration is as high as 60% in Denmark. On the other hand, frequent and drastic fluctuations in sales following positive or negative media exposure, shows that vitamins and dietary supplements is still vulnerable to the context it must develop within.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
Vitamins and dietary supplements was led by Axellus with value share of 22% in 2013. Axellus was formed in 2007 as a merger between Danish and Norwegian vitamins and dietary supplements companies and has a clear ambition to be a preferred supplier in the company's home markets, which include Scandinavia, and the Baltic States. Due to the company's size, Axellus has the strength to invest in product development and to support launches with sufficient marketing. Moreover, Axellus benefits from a status as the leading supplier to grocery retailers.
The strong health trend which is visible across many industries in Denmark is expected to continue over the forecast period. Over decades, the increased possibilities for treating and preventing bad health have led to the view that illness is not a blow of fate, but something which can be avoided. Reciprocally, staying healthy has become the responsibility of each individual person. However, fulfilling this duty requires knowledge, self-discipline and strong mental resources. The clever, the educated and the rich are also the healthy ones. This has led to a culture where health is a status symbol. Living a healthy lifestyle is a way of demonstrating your resources. While this trend is nothing new, it is becoming increasingly strong as can be seen from numerous launches of health positioned products across the FMCG industries. The development will continue over the forecast period and serve as the main driver behind sales of vitamins and dietary supplements.
Discover the latest market trends and uncover sources of future market growth for the Vitamins and Dietary Supplements industry in Denmark with research from Euromonitor's team of in-country analysts.
Find hidden opportunities in the most current research data available, understand competitive threats with our detailed market analysis, and plan your corporate strategy with our expert qualitative analysis and growth projections.
If you're in the Vitamins and Dietary Supplements industry in Denmark, our research will save you time and money while empowering you to make informed, profitable decisions.
The Vitamins and Dietary Supplements in Denmark market research report includes:
- Analysis of key supply-side and demand trends
- Detailed segmentation of international and local products
- Historic volumes and values, company and brand market shares
- Five year forecasts of market trends and market growth
- Robust and transparent market research methodology, conducted in-country
Our market research reports answer questions such as:
- What is the market size of Vitamins and Dietary Supplements in Denmark?
- What are the major brands in Denmark?
- Which dietary supplement grew the fastest in the past year?
Reasons to Get this Report
- Gain competitive intelligence about market leaders
- Track key industry trends, opportunities and threats
- Inform your marketing, brand, strategy and market development, sales and supply functions
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is a leading distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff is always available to help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget. For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
Browse all Healthcare research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Vitamins and Dietary Supplements in Iran
- Vitamins and Dietary Supplements in South Korea
- Vitamins and Dietary Supplements in the US
- Vitamins and Dietary Supplements in India
- Vitamins and Dietary Supplements in Egypt
- Vitamins and Dietary Supplements in Ukraine
- Vitamins and Dietary Supplements in Thailand
- Vitamins and Dietary Supplements in Hungary
- Vitamins and Dietary Supplements in Nigeria
- Vitamins and Dietary Supplements in the United Kingdom