Boston, MA -- (ReleaseWire) -- 06/24/2014 -- The Norwegian Directorate of Health recommends people eating less fat fish than three times a week to use cod liver oil or other omega 3 products. The same accounts for vitamin D, especially for elderly people and those with dark skin tone. Women who are planning to get pregnant are recommended to consume folic acid one month before expected impregnation and the first three months of pregnancy. Women who experience heavy flows during menstruation are advised to use iron supplements. In addition, those who for some reason have low energy consumption are recommended to use multivitamins.
Axellus was the biggest company in 2013 with value share of 22% in vitamins and dietary supplements followed by Takeda Nycomed's share of 13%. Axellus provides other dietary supplements to Norway; the most well-known brands are Gerimax, Gevita and Collett as well as Moller's Tran.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
Vitamins and dietary supplement is one of the categories most influenced be consumer trends, as articles about miracle remedies, frauds, lack of scientific proof, speculations and what appears in the press and in social media. However, a key trend is that Norwegians care more about what they consume and are more sceptical towards "chemical" additives in food. A format such as pills and powder are perceived to be something processed and "treated". This is more relevant for dietary supplements than for the more "scientific" vitamins and minerals. The super food movement is a part of this trend, using only one product in its marketing. There is also an increase in consumers making their food with natural and often organic ingredients, benefiting from the natural containment of vitamins and minerals in vegetables, fruits and berries. The juice machine boom is part of this trend. This will also be visible for dietary supplements, where more natural and authentic packaging and formats will emerge.
Discover the latest market trends and uncover sources of future market growth for the Vitamins and Dietary Supplements industry in Norway with research from Euromonitor's team of in-country analysts.
Find hidden opportunities in the most current research data available, understand competitive threats with our detailed market analysis, and plan your corporate strategy with our expert qualitative analysis and growth projections.
If you're in the Vitamins and Dietary Supplements industry in Norway, our research will save you time and money while empowering you to make informed, profitable decisions.
The Vitamins and Dietary Supplements in Norway market research report includes:
- Analysis of key supply-side and demand trends
- Detailed segmentation of international and local products
- Historic volumes and values, company and brand market shares
- Five year forecasts of market trends and market growth
- Robust and transparent market research methodology, conducted in-country
Our market research reports answer questions such as:
- What is the market size of Vitamins and Dietary Supplements in Norway?
- What are the major brands in Norway?
- Which dietary supplement grew the fastest in the past year?
Reasons to Get this Report
- Gain competitive intelligence about market leaders
- Track key industry trends, opportunities and threats
- Inform your marketing, brand, strategy and market development, sales and supply functions
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is a leading distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff is always available to help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget. For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
Browse all Healthcare research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Vitamins and Dietary Supplements in Iran
- Vitamins and Dietary Supplements in South Korea
- Vitamins and Dietary Supplements in the US
- Vitamins and Dietary Supplements in India
- Vitamins and Dietary Supplements in Denmark
- Vitamins and Dietary Supplements in Egypt
- Vitamins and Dietary Supplements in Ukraine
- Vitamins and Dietary Supplements in Thailand
- Vitamins and Dietary Supplements in Hungary
- Vitamins and Dietary Supplements in Nigeria