Boston, MA -- (ReleaseWire) -- 07/23/2014 -- Kuwait's IT market has a bright medium term outlook as one of the most lucrative markets in the region. Kuwait had one of the highest GDP per capita levels in the world at the end of 2013, and with only 2% of its population residing in rural areas the retail hardware market has proved fertile ground for premium vendors such as Apple . As a result , we are confident that IT spending will continue to increase over our forecast period, projected to come in at KWD296mn in 2014. We expect the sector will continue to feel the benefits of the Kuwaiti economy 's strong performance in 2014, with non-oil growth expected to accelerate on the back of strong domestic demand and a modest pick-up in government capital spending.
Headline Expenditure Projections
- Computer Hardware Sales: KWD116mn in 2013 to KWD120mn in 2014, +3.5% in local currency terms. Premium tablet sales growth has driven the market in recent years, but we expect hybrid notebooks will take a growing share of sales through 2014.
- Software Sales: KWD78mn in 2013 to KWD81mn in 2014, +4.6% in local currency terms. Growing regional competition is fuelling enterprise spending on software and systems, with BMI expecting security software and solutions to outperform as awareness of risks and regional political tensions combine to create fertile growth conditions.
- IT Services Sales: KWD90mn in 2013 to KWD94mn in 2014, a 4.9% increase in local currency terms. Cloud computing, e-government and machine-to-machine services are identified as key growth areas.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
Key Trends & Developments
Kuwait's oil and gas vertical once again accounted for the headline development in Kuwait's IT market in the first half of 2014, as Kuwait-based International Turnkey Systems (ITS) deployed a virtualised Oracle Enterprise server at the Kuwait National Petroleum Corporation (KNPC). The project, which was touted as the largest server deployment in the GCC, is expected to reduce KNPC's operating...
The Kuwait Information Technology Report features Business Monitor International (BMI)'s market assessment and independent forecasts covering personal computers and software; semi-conductors, memory chips, integrated circuits and general components; the internet and IT solutions. It analyses analyses regulatory changes (licensing, customs and intellectual property protection) and competitive landscapes comparing IT companies by products, sales, market share, investments, projects and expansion strategies.
BMI's Kuwait Information Technology Report provides industry professionals and strategists, corporate analysts, IT associations, government departments and regulatory bodies with independent forecasts and competitive intelligence on the IT industry in Kuwait.
- Benchmark BMI's independent IT Industry forecasts for Kuwait to test other views - a key input for successful budgetary and strategic business planning in the Kuwaiti IT market.
- Target business opportunities and risks in Kuwait's IT sector through our reviews of latest industry trends, regulatory changes, and major deals, projects and investments in Kuwait.
- Assess the activities, strategy and market position of your competitors, partners and clients via our Company Profiles (inc. KPIs and latest activity).
Summary of BMI's key industry forecasts, views and trend analysis covering IT, regulatory changes, major investments and projects and significant national and multinational company developments.
Cross-border analysis of regional markets, commenting on IT penetration (PC and internet) and market growth drivers (IT market size and IT market compound growth).
Country Market Overview
Structure, size and value of the industry sectors including hardware, software and services; overview of the industry landscape and key players; assessment of the business operating environment and the latest regulatory developments and government authority.
BMI Industry Forecasts
Historic data series and forecasts to end-2017 for all key industry indicators (see list below), supported by explicit assumptions, plus analysis of key downside risks to the main forecast, including:
IT Sector: IT industry value (US$bn); IT sector contribution to GDP (%); value of hardware, software and services industry (US$mn); PC, peripherals and software imports and exports (US$mn); PC, peripherals and software sales (US$mn); number of PCs (`000); PCs/100 inhabitants; internet users (`000); internet users per 100 inhabitants; broadband subscribers (`000); broadband subscribers per 100 inhabitants.
Economy: Economic growth (%); nominal GDP (US$bn); unemployment (%); interest rates (%); exchange rate (against US$).
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is a leading distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff is always available to help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget. For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
Browse all Computer Technology research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Russia Information Technology Report Q3 2014
- Romania Information Technology Report Q3 2014
- France Information Technology Report Q3 2014
- Colombia Information Technology Report Q3 2014
- Hong Kong Information Technology Report Q3 2014
- Australia Information Technology Report Q3 2014
- Brazil Information Technology Report Q3 2014
- India Information Technology Report Q3 2014
- South Africa Information Technology Report Q3 2014
- Thailand Information Technology Report Q3 2014