Boston, MA -- (ReleaseWire) -- 06/24/2014 -- The industry research report on "Latin America Nutraceuticals Industry Outlook to 2017 - Mexico and Brazil to Lead Growth" gives a comprehensive analysis of the nutraceutical industry past, present and future outlook. The report discusses Mexico and Brazil markets with outlook to 2017. Statistics include functional food, functional beverages and dietary supplements market size and competitive analysis. Additionally the sub-segments of the industry, ongoing trends and developments, import and export scenario, government regulations and impact are provided in the research publication.
Latin America is a rapidly emerging market for nutraceuticals in the world with a growing trend of health and wellness across the different economies. The region has been presenting immense growth opportunities for several market players over the years, owing to Latin America's favorable economic growth and rising disposable incomes. The marketers operating in one country in this region often expand to other geographic markets as well, led by the similarities in the social environment.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
Latin America nutraceuticals industry recorded revenues worth USD ~ million in 2012, increasing from USD ~ million in 2006. Mexico and Brazil have been the largest markets for nutraceuticals in Latin America contributed shares of ~% and ~% in the revenues respectively in 2012. The high obesity rates prevailing in these countries have fueled the market for healthy food and nutritional supplements over the years. Apart from these, Venezuela, Colombia, Argentina and Chile are other emerging markets where the trend of consumption of nutraceuticals is steadily gaining popularity.
Throughout Latin America, dietary supplements are commonly registered as prescription drugs, over-the-counter (OTC) drugs or food supplements. For example, in Brazil, Peru and Venezuela, the vitamins and minerals supplements are regarded as drugs and are sold without prescriptions when their levels exceed the Recommended Daily Allowance (RDA), otherwise they are treated as the food category. On the other hand, in Mexico, several vitamin and mineral supplements brands have been switched in terms of classification from food supplement to OTC, or prescribed drugs to OTC. This has created a dynamic advertising and education atmosphere as manufacturers can make claims and invest in advertising for supplements and OTC drugs.
The market for functional food and beverages has showcased a continued dominance in the overall market proceeds of nutraceuticals in the Latin American region. Fortified food and drinks market in Latin America was valued at USD ~ million in 2012 and captured a share of ~% in the total revenues. The market has grown at an annualized rate of ~% over the period of 2007-2012, rising from USD ~million in 2007. The revenue of the nutraceuticals industry in the third largest regional market is expected to register rapid increase on the basis of strong macroeconomic foundations.
Key Topics covered in the report
- The market size of the Latin America, Mexico and Brazil nutraceuticals industry on the basis of revenues
- Market segmentation of the Latin America Nutraceuticals industry on the basis of types of products and benefits derived
- Market segmentation of the Latin America Dietary supplements market on the basis of geography and distribution channels
- Market Share of major players in Latin America Dietary supplements market
- Market segmentation of the Mexico and Brazil Nutraceuticals industry on the basis of types of products
- Market segmentation of the Functional Food and Beverages on the basis of product form in Mexico and Brazil
- Market size of the Functional Foods and Functional Beverages in Mexico and Brazil
- Government Rules and Regulations
- Trends and Developments prevailing in the nutraceuticals industry in the Brazil and Mexico.
- Future outlook and projections of the Latin America, Brazil and Mexico nutraceuticals industry on the basis of revenues
Companies Mentioned in this Report: Herbalife, Bayer HealthCare LLC, Pfizer Nutrition, Merck Sharp & Dohme Corp, Boehringer Ingelheim GmbH, Amway, Omnilife Group, Nestle SA, Groupe Danone, PepsiCo, Industria de Alimentos Bomgosto, M Dias Branco SA Industria e Comer
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is a leading distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff is always available to help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget. For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
Browse all Pharmaceuticals research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Global Department Stores Market Size and Forecast to 2017
- Global Online Retailing Market Size and Forecast to 2017
- Global Duty Free Retailers Market Size and Forecast to 2017
- Refining Industry Outlook in North America, 2014 - Capacity Analysis, Forecasts and Details of All Operating and Planned Refineries
- Global Other Specialist Retailers Market Size and Forecast to 2017
- Global Hypermarkets, Supermarkets and Hard-Discounters Market Size and Forecast to 2017
- Global Value, Variety Stores and General Merchandise Retailers Market Size and Forecast to 2017
- Global Other General and Non-Specialist Direct Retailers Market Size and Forecast to 2017
- Global Home Improvement and Gardening Supplies Retailers Market Size and Forecast to 2017
- Global Cash and Carries and Warehouse clubs Market Size and Forecast to 2017