Boston, MA -- (ReleaseWire) -- 06/26/2014 -- Laundry care recorded current value growth in 2013. Promotional pricing began to subside, particularly in the second half of 2013, which resulted in sales increasing by 1% in current terms, compared to a decline of 1% in 2012. Volume growth was slightly down on 2012, with a 1% increase, compared to 2% growth in 2012. This slower growth in volume terms was attributable to smaller pack sizes, often taking the form of concentrated formulations; however, current value growth in 2013 was higher than the flat average for the review period, and the performance in volume terms was better than the average annual decline of 2% over the review period.
Unilever New Zealand continued to lead laundry care with a 40% value share in 2013, unchanged from 2012. The company remained the most innovative over the 2012/2013 period with launches such as Persil Pods and Persil liquid detergent. Persil continued to be the strongest brand for Unilever New Zealand, and represented almost half of all sales for the company in laundry care. The brand continued with strong TV advertising, with the emphasised slogan ?Dirt is Good?. The second strongest brand, Surf, registered a slightly higher value share in 2013, due to the liquid detergent range.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
A polarisation is likely to be seen in packaging within laundry care over the forecast period, with concentrated formulations driving smaller pack sizes, with the trend towards larger, bulk packs of standard product formulations providing consumers with value for money. This is expected to result in sales being flat at constant 2013 prices over the forecast period, an improvement on the average decline of 2% registered over the review period. In volume terms, due to the expected increase in large bulk packs, sales are set to grow at a CAGR of 1% over the forecast period, compared to the review period decline at a CAGR of 2%.
Discover the latest market trends and uncover sources of future market growth for the Laundry Care industry in New Zealand with research from Euromonitor's team of in-country analysts.
Find hidden opportunities in the most current research data available, understand competitive threats with our detailed market analysis, and plan your corporate strategy with our expert qualitative analysis and growth projections.
If you're in the Laundry Care industry in New Zealand, our research will save you time and money while empowering you to make informed, profitable decisions.
The Laundry Care in New Zealand market research report includes:
- Analysis of key supply-side and demand trends
- Historic volumes and values, company and brand market shares
- Five year forecasts of market trends and market growth
- Robust and transparent market research methodology, conducted in-country
Our market research reports answer questions such as:
- What is the market size of Laundry Care in New Zealand?
- What are the major brands in New Zealand?
- What is the performance of concentrated liquid detergents?
- What are the main new products developments in the laundry aids area?
Reasons to Get this Report
- Gain competitive intelligence about market leaders
- Track key industry trends, opportunities and threats
- Inform your marketing, brand, strategy and market development, sales and supply functions
Product coverage: Carpet Cleaners, Fabric Softeners, Laundry Aids, Laundry Detergents.
Data coverage: market sizes (historic and forecasts), company shares, brand shares and distribution data.
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is a leading distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff is always available to help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget. For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
Browse all Consumer Goods research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Home Care in New Zealand
- Laundry Care in Lithuania
- Laundry Care in Poland
- Laundry Care in China
- The Future of the Skincare Market in New Zealand to 2017: Market Size, Distribution and Brand Share, Key Events and Competitive Landscape
- Laundry Care in Turkey
- Laundry Care in Morocco
- Laundry Care in Macedonia
- Laundry Care in the United Arab Emirates
- Laundry Care in the United Kingdom