Boston, MA -- (ReleaseWire) -- 02/18/2014 -- The Taiwanese life insurance segment grew at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 6.6% in terms of gross written premium during the review period (2008-2012), as a result of the strong performance of the individual life category, which grew at a healthy CAGR of 9.7%. However, the segment's growth slowed due to a decline in general annuity insurance and low interest rates in the country. Fierce competition in the segment, which forced multinationals to exit Taiwan, and the current low interest rates are projected to affect the life segment's total growth over the forecast period. As a result, the segment is expected to post a lower CAGR of 3.7% over the forecast period (2012-2017).
- The Taiwanese life insurance segment grew at a CAGR of 6.6% in terms of gross written premium during the review period
- During the review period, life insurance providers in Taiwan benefited from low combined ratios, resulting in underwriting profits
- Favorable demographic factors, such as increased life expectancy and a rise in the population aged 65 years and above, are likely to accelerate demand for life insurance products
- The strong social credibility and familiarity of Taiwanese banks as financial institutions aided the selling of annuities and unit-linked products during the review period
- The five leading companies collectively accounted for 68.5% of the segment's gross written premium in 2012
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
This report provides a comprehensive analysis of the life insurance segment in Taiwan:
- It provides historical values for Taiwanese life insurance segment for the report's 2008-2012 review period and forecast figures for the 2012-2017 forecast period
- It offers a detailed analysis of the key categories in the Taiwanese life insurance segment, along with market forecasts until 2017
- It covers an exhaustive list of parameters, including written premium, incurred loss, loss ratio, commissions and expenses, combined ratio, frauds and crimes, total assets, total investment income and retentions
- It analyses the various distribution channels for life insurance products in Taiwan
- Using Porter's industry-standard "five forces" analysis, it details the competitive landscape in Taiwan for the life insurance business
- It provides a detailed analysis of the reinsurance segment in Taiwan and its growth prospects
- It profiles the top life insurance companies in Taiwan and outlines the key regulations affecting them
Reasons to Get This Report
- Make strategic business decisions using in-depth historic and forecast market data related to the Taiwanese life insurance segment and each category within it
- Understand the demand-side dynamics, key market trends and growth opportunities within the Taiwanese life insurance segment
Companies Mentioned in this Report: Cathay Life Insurance Co., Ltd, Fubon Life Insurance Co., Ltd, Nan Shan Life Insurance Company Ltd, Chunghwa Post Co., Ltd, Shin Kong Life Insurance Co., Ltd, China Life Insurance Co., Ltd, Mercuries Life Insurance Co., Ltd, Taiwan Life Insurance Co Ltd, Bank Taiwan Life Insurance Co., Ltd, Allianz Taiwan Life Insurance Co. Ltd
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is a leading distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff is always available to help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget. For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
Browse all Insurance research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Life Insurance in Austria, Key Trends and Opportunities to 2017: The Austrian life segment's written premium fell from EUR7.4 billion in 2008 to EUR6.5 billion in 2012.
- Life Insurance in Russia, Key Trends and Opportunities to 2017
- Non-Life Insurance in Austria, Key Trends and Opportunities to 2017: The Austrian non-life segments written premium value grew from EUR6.5 billion in 2008 to EUR7.1 billion in 2012.
- Personal Accident and Health Insurance in Thailand, Key Trends and Opportunities to 2017
- Life Insurance in South Africa, Key Trends and Opportunities to 2017
- Life Insurance in China, Key Trends and Opportunities to 2017
- Life Insurance in India, Key Trends and Opportunities to 2017
- Non-Life Insurance in China, Key Trends and Opportunities to 2017
- Non-Life Insurance in India, Key Trends and Opportunities to 2017
- Non-Life Insurance in South Africa, Key Trends and Opportunities to 2017