Boston, MA -- (ReleaseWire) -- 05/02/2014 -- Much has been made of the effect falling commodity & consumer demand has had on industry and retail. What of the companies whose job it is to transport the goods these businesses sell & use? This report looks at the difficulties falling commodity and consumer demand has had on Maersk Line, and how Maersk has become a victim of its own success amid a capacity glut, and its response, the P3 Network.
Report Features and Benefits
- Looks at the travails of the shipping industry, analyzing the dry bulk cargo index, Baltic Dry Index (BDI), and container shipping index the HARPEX.
- Looks Maersk Line's fleet of new vessels, the Triple-E, and how they will effect the shipping industry and its capacity glut.
- Analyzes the capacity glut, and Maersk Line's response through the creation of the P3 Network, looking at what impact this alliance will have.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
New vessels ordered during a boom period, when demand outstripped supply, were delivered during the financial crisis. The perfect storm of increased capacity and a fall in demand created a major capacity glut. The P3 Network aims to address this by decreasing the number of vessels but increasing capacity, thus creating improved economies of scale.
The P3 Network will see a decrease in the number of vessels on the relevant routes, yet increased capacity resulting in improved economies of scale. At the same time CO2 emissions will be reduced, and further cost savings found through improved fuel efficiency. Yet, each member is still able to compete with one another for each and every container.
Key Questions Answered in this Report
- What impact did the financial crisis have on the shipping industry? How and why did the capacity glut occur?
- How has the dry bulk index (Baltic Dry Index) and container shipping index (HARPEX) reacted to the financial crisis and the capacity glut?
- What is Maersk Line's response to the capacity glut? What benefits do Maersk's Triple-E vessels bring to container shipping?
- What is the P3 Network? What impact will the P3 Network have on the container shipping industry?
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is a leading distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff is always available to help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget. For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
Browse all Transportation research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Poland Freight Transport Report Q2 2014
- Poland Shipping Report Q2 2014
- Power Transmission and Distribution (T&D) Scenario in Europe - Infrastructure, Investment and Regulations Analysis to 2020
- Maersk Line - Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Network Analytics Market [(On Premise, On Demand), by Applications (Mobile, Voip and Fixed Line, Unified Communications), by End Users (Cloud Service Providers, Telecommunications, Enterprises)] - Global Advancements, Forecast & Analysis (2013-2018)
- High-Voltage Direct Current (HVDC) Converter Stations - Global Market Size, Average Pricing and Equipment Market Share to 2020
- Hellenic Petroleum S.A. Analysis Across the Oil and Gas Value Chain Report, 2013 Update