Boston, MA -- (ReleaseWire) -- 06/09/2014 -- Angola's mining industry is set to reach USD7.5bn in 2018, growing at an average rate of 5.3% a year. The rate of growth will remain stable thereafter, with diamonds providing the main thrust for production growth over the medium term. New areas of mining, including iron ore, copper and phosphates, are also receiving increasing international interest from investors and are expected to provide further momentum for Angola's mining sector over the long term. That said, we do not expect the mining sector to receive much attention from the government as the country's burgeoning oil sector attracts the lion's share of investment. Therefore, problems relating to mining such as poor infrastructure and stringent bureaucracy are unlikely to be resolved in the near term.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
Prospecting To Begin In Kwanza Sul
In 2013, Angola-based diamond miner Sociedade Mineira de Catoca (SMC) was awarded the rights to carry out prospecting for diamonds in the province of Kwanza Sul. The announcement followed the completion of surveying work by SMC in the mining zones of Gango and Quitubia, both of which encompass a concession area of 3,000km sq. The company installed equipment for prospecting in the area in Q313 in addition to carrying out demining and geological analysis of the region. The project will be the first diamond mining enterprise in Kwanza Sul province and is the culmination of ongoing attempts to launch exploration projects at Gango and Quitubia since 2001. This and other projects will ensure that diamonds dominate Angola's mining sector for the foreseeable future.
Regulatory Environment To Boost Investment
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is a leading distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff is always available to help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget. For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
Browse all Materials research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Canada Mining Report Q3 2014
- United States Mining Report Q3 2014
- China Mining Report Q3 2014
- Poland Mining Report Q3 2014
- Construction and Mining Machinery Market in Morocco to 2018 - Market Size, Trends, and Forecasts
- Global Construction and Mining Machinery Market to 2018 - Market Size, Trends, and Forecasts
- Construction and Mining Machinery Market in Chile to 2018 - Market Size, Trends, and Forecasts
- Construction and Mining Machinery Market in Portugal to 2018 - Market Size, Trends, and Forecasts
- Construction and Mining Machinery Market in Romania to 2018 - Market Size, Trends, and Forecasts
- Construction and Mining Machinery Market in Austria to 2018 - Market Size, Trends, and Forecasts