Boston, MA -- (ReleaseWire) -- 06/26/2014 -- The difficult Portuguese economic situation led consumers to reduce their expenditure, as they remained unsure about their future in terms of job and salary security in 2013. Sales of apparel and footwear were negatively affected in different ways. There were fewer buyers, and the average spend per buyer also declined, as consumers mainly bought ?necessary? clothing, and were less tempted by impulse purchases. In addition, they chose more affordable brands. This substantial move towards value for money over the review period was also aided by larger brands establishing themselves more firmly in the market during the recession and its aftermath, since these players were able to offer the most significant discounts or lower prices to struggling consumers. This came very much at the expense of smaller independent players, which experienced further declines in 2013.
Discover the latest market trends and uncover sources of future market growth for the Clothing and Footwear Specialist Retailers industry in Portugal with research from Euromonitor's team of in-country analysts.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
Find hidden opportunities in the most current research data available, understand competitive threats with our detailed market analysis, and plan your corporate strategy with our expert qualitative analysis and growth projections.
If you're in the Clothing and Footwear Specialist Retailers industry in Portugal, our research will save you time and money while empowering you to make informed, profitable decisions.
The Clothing and Footwear Specialist Retailers in Portugal market research report includes:
- Analysis of key supply-side and demand trends
- Detailed market shares for international and locally-based retailers
- Historic number of stores, selling space and values, company and brand market shares
- Five year forecasts of market trends and market growth
- Robust and transparent market research methodology, conducted in-country
Our market research reports answer questions such as:
- How big is the Clothing and Footwear Specialist Retailers channel in Portugal?
- Who are the leading retailers in Portugal?
- How are clothing and footwear specialists competing against the grocers?
- How is the internet affecting clothing and footwear specialists?
Reasons to Get this Report
- Gain competitive intelligence about market leaders
- Track key industry trends, opportunities and threats
- Inform your marketing, brand, strategy and market development, sales and supply functions
Data coverage: market sizes (historic and forecasts), company shares, brand shares and distribution data.
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is a leading distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff is always available to help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget. For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
Browse all Retailing research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Retailing in the Czech Republic
- Apparel and Footwear Specialist Retailers in the Czech Republic
- Retailing in Poland
- Apparel and Footwear Specialist Retailers in Poland
- Apparel and Footwear Specialist Retailers in Turkey
- Apparel and Footwear Specialist Retailers in the United Kingdom
- Retailing in Turkey
- Retailing in the United Kingdom
- Apparel and Footwear Specialist Retailers in Peru
- Apparel and Footwear Specialist Retailers in Finland